Chapter 1

It was my third year in High School and so far I was the girl that spent her Friday nights cuddling with her teddy while watching romcoms on Netflix. I was that girl that nobody even bothered to look at twice. Yup. Ladies and Gentlemen I was a nerd. With a capital N. But that was OK because with my grades and my music I was going to go to Nacada in a few months and live all the plastic barbie dolls powdering their noses. My family had moved here a few months ago because my dad was a work first family last kinda dad.  He was barely home and I liked it that way.

  " Babecakes, wake up honey." My perfectly perfect dream of having a steamy make out session with Zac Efron while my boyfriend Ian Somerholder died of jealousy was interrupted by my stepmother. She had all this nicknames for me just to try to get me to like her. It was irritating as hell.

I cuddled the covers and hide my face. " Jay, go away its only 7:00" She sat at the foot of my four post bed and began lecturing me on the importance of school and yadidiyada. I stopped listening and tried to force the dream back.

Then silence filled the room. She had walked away annoyed and irritated by me. With that I woke up and began my morning routine. Prayer. Shower. Text Kylie. Text Matt. Bible. Pick out my outfit. With was multicoloured leggings (my nana gave me last Christmas) with a denim skirt that made my flat white girl ass look bigger and a black Asking Alexandra And my usual cardigan. I looked good. I think. I had no fashion sense but I didn't care to nature it anyway.

I ran down the steps and quickly ran into my dad's waiting arms. Well my dad was my beat friend. Only he was never around much. So when he was around we spent as much time together as possible.
Yah. I'm a nerd who has a perfect attendance record a perfect GPA and a dad for a best friend.

I kissed him on his cheek but his beard scratched me so I pulled away. Marriete ( the help) served us as we talked about college. That was the only topic we spoke of this days.

I ate my salad and chai tea and hurried to the bus stop. Kylie my (real) best friend was standing there looking like a Victoria Secret other than an average high school student. She was gorgeous and the sun was doing wanders for her skin.

"Kay, are you even real" I greeted her with our super cool handshake that we made in third grade. She hated it.

The bus pulled up. I went in first and stumbled on the steps and fell face flat. This was not something new to me. I was a clumsy nerd sue me. The bus soon erupted into a loud uproar and they laughed. I trued to regain my balance because the driver was pressuring me to get a move on. But I fell AGAIN.

Trial number three. I felt manly muscular arms around me this time and u quickly looked up hoping to find dreamy blue eyes starring back at me but instead I was met with my biology teacher starring at me with anger.

What did I expect to have some kind of Jerry Maguire moment. Well a girl can only dream. I was wet and I needed my mother to wipe my as scraped knees and kiss it better. I sobbed on Kylie's shoulder on the bus ride to school and tried my best to ignore the populars.

Well life sucked.

Xxx

~African Child

( Tell me what you think )

Bye