THE GOODBYE (2)

This one is dedicated to Sapphire061699 well because she is pretty awesome,She has an amazing personality and she really supported me, so this one is for her.

ALEX

The wedding ceremony ended with a small reception at the venue which held a bitter air between Alexander and I as we were forced to sit next to one another. After the torturous celebration a jet-black, sleek town car was pulled up for the wedded pair's departure to the Royal Castle, my new home.

"Alex!" the ringing voice of mother permeated the awkward quietude between Alexander and me. Abruptly, turning around I saw the blonde woman who had pain painted across her azure eyes running to reach me.

"what are you doing here?" I asked incredulously yet the seeping undertones of anger could not be halted.

"I couldn't let you go without saying goodbye," she said whilst pulling me into a soft hug.

I remained stiff and focused on forcing down the sobs that were trying to make their way out. I would not cry, not show any weakness to her ever again because she forced me into this.

"I love you," she spoke again when I didn't reply.

I released myself from her grip and walked back to the car without taking a glance at her. As soon as my back touched the cool leather of the car's seat, I heard a quiet whimper. I knew it was from Alexander but I couldn't say anything to comfort him because honestly, I needed to focus on handling the loss of my sister on my own so instead, I sat at the furthest edge of the car seat.

I couldn't muster up the courage to look at Alexander, knowing that the both of us were trapped in this loveless marriage with no way out nor could I bare the fact that I was married to my sister's mate. So in an attempt to forget my situation, I looked out the window, at the colossal amount of trees, which looked like green smudges as we passed them by with incredible speed.

As soon as we came to a halt Alexander was the first one out, basically sprinting towards the entrance, I clenched my jaw in anger at his discourteous nature and got out myself. All through the welcoming ceremony, Alexander was missing but I knew he needed some time so I chose not to say anything. When the crowning was about to commence all of the guests gathered around a platform where I stood, Alexander was still missing and five excruciating moments had already passed when suddenly the crowd turned their heads back to a power emitting figure that was approaching the stage.

It was Alexander, he strode forward with a blank face. It was like all the attention was shifted towards him, he changed from his wedding suit into another asphalt-tinted suit much like the wedding suite however incredulously this one looked even better on him, it held a red rose in the left pocket of the suit. His inviting aura forced you to look at him and once you looked you couldn't move your eyes away.

He came next to me and stood still throughout the ceremony and when the crowns were about to be placed, we both knelt down and took our oaths to protect the kingdom, ending the ceremony, all of the guests gathered around to congratulate us.

I kept hearing things like 'you're so lucky,' and 'you guys look perfect together,' or 'you are the perfect mates,'. I would just force a smile and nod, reminding myself that I had no choice but to pretend to be Alexander's mate.

And exactly like last time when all necessary rituals had taken place, he left me standing there alone whilst I pretended to be his loving mate. After a while, people had started leaving and I was allowed to go to my room.

I started walking back to the castle suddenly I was pulled back harshly into a wall, I was about to attack the person but when I looked back I was surprised to see it was Alexander.His arms were painfully locked around me, to a passer-by, it would look like mates in a loving embrace but the reality was far off.

"what the hell?" I whisper angrily at him.

"I want you to know one thing. I will never love you, you should not expect anything from me because you will never get anything but hatred from me.you will stay away from me, got it ?" he sneered like an animal.

"well then I guess the feelings mutual and just so you know I will never love you either and don't worry I don't even want to be close to you,"I replied in an equally harsh tone as his though there was an unusual sting in my heart caused by his words.

He had shock written all over his face but soon it disappeared and was replaced by a disgusted expression, I gulped and looked straight into his eyes with defiance. I was not a submissive little girl, If he had thought that he could scare me into submission, he was wrong. He snarled once more before finally releasing me from his hold. He pivoted on his heels and stalked off in a different direction.

I stood there still with an angry expression as I watched him walk away, the odd pain still resonating in my heart. After a while a girl approached me, her blue eyes looked me over as she bowed down and her short blond hair dropped across her face.

" Queen Alex," she said in a timid voice

"yes ?" I retorted.

" I am here to escort you to your room," she said in a scared tone,

"Hey, what's your name ?" I asked her softly not liking the fact that she was scared of me.

"M-Maria S-Seldom" she stuttered.

"it's nice to meet you, Maria. " I replied with a small smile, trying my best to create a comforting atmosphere.

Maria only nodded timidly in reply.

"so are we going to the room?" I asked when Maria didn't move from her place.

"y-yes" she stuttered before she began leading me through a few hallways, I trod close behind when all of a sudden she came to a halt in front of a pair of gigantic Mahogany doors. 

The huge doors opened with a creaking sound as Maria pushed them in. I couldn't help but stare at the beautiful designing of the room, it was gorgeous the colors were natural like beige and dull white but the different colorful paintings brought it all to life. There was a huge Victorian bed with blood red velvety covers right in the middle of the enormous room and a gigantic chandelier on the roof, all in all, the room was stunning but it wasn't home.

Thinking about home just reminded me of everything that took place today. I sat down on the bed with a heavy sigh as a few tears escaped my eyes. This was my life now, all these sorrows and darkness would consume me but until then I had to perform my duties rightfully as the Queen of werewolves.

"Are you okay, your highness?" Maria asked in a tentative voice.

"I'm sorry" I murmur while getting up and wiping my face.

"No, don't apologize I know how you feel," she says while giving me a small smile.

"what do you mean by that ?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"Nothing. It's just that you're new here and you miss your family but you should be happy you have your mate" she spoke,

I just nodded as I could tell no one that Alexander wasn't my mate and I knew no one could understand my situation or how I felt nevertheless it wasn't their fault so I couldn't really blame them and take my frustration out on them.

I asked Maria a few generic questions trying to know her better and avoid the 'mate' talk as it was only bringing me down. I found out that she is only two years older than me making her twenty and she left her family at a young age to come and work here. I could practically feel the sorrow radiate from her as she spoke of her family.

After a while it started to get dark so I decided to head to bed I wished Maria as she left the room and dropped to the bed with a soft thud, the bed was extremely comfortable but it lacked the homelike feeling and warmth. A single tear escaped my eye as I thought of Sasha and the tragic situation I was forced into, taking a deep sigh I let the darkness consume me and fell into a dreamless slumber.