Neck Deep // Life's Not Out To Get You

For everyone who isn't  familiar with this band. Neck Deep is a welsh band from Wrexham, United Kingdom that started in 2012. The band consists of Ben Barlow (Vocals), Lloyd Roberts (Guitar), Matt West (Guitar), Dani Washington (Drums) and Fil Thorpe Evans (Bass).

Life's Not Out To Get You
Studio Album by Neck Deep
Hopeless Records
August 14, 2015

Track listing

1. Citizens Of Earth (2:41)

Song Review: Alright song. Bens vocals are different from their other songs but overall it reminds me of 90s punk music. I love it how at the end they mock the haters.
Rate: 3.5/5

2. Threat Level Midnight (2:47)

Song Review: Yes!!!!! The song title is just a total reference to The Office. This entire song is just by far one of the few favourite song by this band. Lyrics are cliche but it's so good.
Rate: 4/5

3. Can't Kick Up The Roots (2:50)

I really didn't care for this song actually. Who knows maybe after a few replays I will be singing this song in the shower? Anyways, this one sounds meh. Not their greatest.
Rate: 2.5/5

4. Kali Ma (2:51)

Song Review: Love the reference in the song title once again. Wish the tempo could of change.
Rate: 2.5/5

5. Gold Steps (3:51)

Song Review: This is a song that I would listen to for some confidence and that's what people should listen to. Songs that bring up your mood and this is what this song offers.
Rate: 3.5/5

6. Lime St. (3:20)

Song Review: I like the intro of the song. The drums and guitar is just amazing in the starting off of the song.
I like the lyrics. I like everything about it. Something I could relate to.
Rate: 4/5

7. Serpents (2:46)

Song Review: Oh my, don't even get me started on this song. I love all of it. Everything about it is so amazing and just well produced. I really recommend this song.
Rate:4.5/5

8. The Beach is For Lovers [Not Lonely Losers] (3:05)

Song Review: MY FAVOURITE SONG OFF THE ENTIRE ALBUM. The starting verse is so great. The guitar at the beginning, the only word I could describe it is ... amazing. Bens vocals just molds with the lyrics. Thorpes bass solos makes the song 10x better than it already is.
Rate:5/5

9. December (3:39)

Song Review: One word to describe this song... BEAUTIFUL.
Just beautiful, everything about it.
I know I said many things about their lyrics but this one takes it home. From Neck Deeps entire songs this one is my favourite.
Rate: 5/5

10. Smooth Seas Don't Make Good Sailors (3:06)

Song Review: Meh. It's alright. Don't really have anything to say about this song. Not my favourite nor is it the worst.
Rate: 2.5/5

11. I Hope This Comes Back To Haunt You (2:50)

Song Review: This song makes me want to put it on when I'm friendship/relationship problems.
Rate:2.5/5

12. Rock Bottom (3:21)

Song Review: This intro makes me want to cry. From the bass to the drums all of it.. is extremely catchy.
Rate: 3.5/5

Overall Review: This is by far the greatest album that Neck Deep has. Everything about it and just allows anyone who has been fans of older pop punk that old school feeling they get.
Album Rate: 10/10

Okay lemme put my two cents in about this album. First of all, I love it.
Possibly one of my favourite 2015 albums so far. Everything about it 10/10 from the productions to everyone in the band having major roles in the making of this album.
Thorpe's bass in The Beach is For Lovers (Not Lonely Losers) and Rock Bottom is great. So bless you, Thorpe for your part in the band. Barlow's vocals in the entire album is also great, it really reminds me of late 90s - early 2000s pop punk vocals. Matt West guitar playing is the same as always - AMAZING!
Lloyd Roberts is possibly my favourite guitar players in modern days. So I dig his parts in the songs on this album.
Dani Washington surprises me again with his upbeat playing, like I said before it reminds me of mid 90s grunge drum playing (example .. Dan Peters from Mudhoney)
My personal favourite songs off this album is The Beach is For Lovers (Not for Lonely Losers) because of Thorpe's bass playing, Threat Level Midnight is my second favourite track - the lyrics just says it for itself.

Would I recommend this album to someone? Yes, I would even if you aren't a fan of the pop punk scene.

Similar Bands? The Story So Far, Knuckle Puck, State Champs and Handguns.