Prologue

A/N: so this is my first original story! I'm not quite sure how this will turn out, but bear with!

The darkness seeps in the moment I close my eyes.

Its the same as always. It starts with pure blackness.

Then come the shadows. At least, thats what I call them.

Strange, wispy apparitions, like black smoke, start to fill my mind. They drift around inside my head, eerie moaning noises coming out from an unidentifiable source.

Then the screaming starts. Its awful.

Piercing through my skull, the agonising, barely human sounds of the tortured begin.

There is nothing solid there, only the strange shadows and terrible screaming. But each night it gets clearer. More intense.

In the beginning, it was just the darkness. Then the shadows started coming. Soon after, I started hearing screams. I know that it will only get worse.

And the worst thing: I can never wake up. Its not an ordinary recurring nightmare. There's no screaming myself awake. I just have to wait it out until the light of dawn creeps under the curtains in my bedroom. Each night, it seems to take longer to come. And that's what worries me most - that maybe one day, I wont wake up at all.

A/N: Hope you liked this! Please add it to your library so you'll get notified when I update, and don't forget to vote!