"Yes!" Danny cheered. He punched the air happily. "It worked!"

"What worked?" the dragon asked.

"Jawtun's normal again!"
"Harumph. Well, you need to give me something in return."

"I'm sorry?"

"You have used my equipment and seen what has become of Lizardus. My patience is not to be tried, human."

"Take the boy!" Flicker cried. Danny glared at him.

"He can be your slave," Flicker continued. "Or your dinner. I don't care. Take him!"

"If you're a creature of fire, why don't you stay?" Danny pointed out. Flicker hung his head.

"My name isn't Ignatus Flicker. It's Robert Shaegy. I stole the power of fire from the real Ignatus Flicker."

"You despicable little man!" the dragon roared. "You will stay and the boy will go. I am sending word with you, boy, to the Magicment. Explain all that has happened. Now, go."

Danny didn't need telling twice. He teleported.

*

The man on the ground was barely moving.

"Is he alive?"

"Yes. He breathes and has a pulse."

"Who is he?"

"Someone dangerous. I wonder where Rodney got to?"

"And Ima. She was only by those trees."

"She's probably fine. What if Rodney was stopped?"

"Starlight, that is the North Wing, yes?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Was Ima standing over there?"

"Yes."

"The window is broken."

"Oh no..." Starlight whispered. She buried her face in her hands. "Ima hasn't been here that long. She hasn't seen it yet!"

"Seen what yet? Starlight, what is she meant to have seen?" Jet yelled. Starlight peered through her fingers.

"The test subjects," she said miserably. "The Science lessons are trying to create a vampire. You can only test it in the last lesson. Half of them just end up as monsters. None of them have worked as of yet."

"A half vampire is more dangerous than a true vampire," Jawtun growled. "She needs to get out of there. Now. I will go."

"I'm coming too," Jet said. He tried to straighten up from where he'd been kneeling next to the man but fell over. "Ow."

"Stay here. Starlight, make sure they do not die. I will get Ima out. Jet, try and make contact with the Australian," Jawtun ordered. Starlight nodded and Jet sighed. Jawtun stood up. "Goodbye for now, Warriors," he said before bounding towards the North Wing.

"He's going to get killed," Jet said glumly. "Ow! Starlight, get off my arm!"

"Jawtun won't die, he's already dead" Starlight said. "Think optimistic."

"Okay, I'm thinking happy thoughts," Jet groaned. "But at this rate I'll be dead!"

"Why?"

"Do you know the basic concept of 'bleeding to death'?"

"Yes."

"There you go then."

"Do you need a bandage?"

"Do you have any?"

"Yes, actually," Starlight pulled a roll of bandages from her pocket along with a wad of cotton wool. "See?"

"You are literally a life saver," Jet murmured before slipping into a deep sleep.

*

Rodney hadn't been stopped after knocking out Francis. He'd got lost in the kitchen.

"Who needs this much space?!" Rodney wailed. He sank to the floor, kicking a bag of salt over. A bag of salt...

"Bonza!" Rodney said. Scooping up a small pile of salt, he went on a search for a tap. Wandering around for five minutes, Rodney eventually found a tap. It was jammed.

"Aaargh!" Rodney yelled in frustration. He dropped all the salt and cursed loudly. Now he'd have to go back, find some new salt, and then find a tap that worked. Rodney kicked the cupboard.

"It's not fair," he muttered. "Why does this kitchen have to be so damn big?"

There was howling from outside. Rodney ran to the window and looked out. Jawtun still had scales but his tail was going.

"Hang on," Rodney said. "Struth! He's a dragon, not a vampire! That sneaky Lizardus must still be controlling him! Well, saltwater ain't gonna do anything is it?" Rodney walked in the direction he thought the door was in. He came up against a brick wall.

"This is harder than I thought," Rodney muttered. He walked about for a few more minutes before giving up and sitting on the floor.

"Need a hand?" a voice asked. Rodney spun around to see Danny grinning at him.

"C'mon," Danny said. "I'll get us both outta here."

*

Jawtun crashed through the window, not feeling the glass cut into his legs. His wings flapped and a few of the abominations tumbled backwards. Jawtun growled at them and the scarpered.

"Wait," Jawtun said. He caught one of them, one who looked the most human, and turned him around. "Have you seen a dark haired, dark eyed girl be taken anywhere?"

"Ye... yeah..." the thing stammered. It had five eyes that were all blinking at Jawtun nervously. "She was taken that way." Jawtun turned to look where the thing had pointed and it ran away.

Jawtun was looking at a large oak door. There was a knocker set in it.

"Might as well," Jawtun muttered. He made his fangs shrink and his wings vanish before knocking. He kept the claws. You never know with half vampires, he thought.