Chapter One

Ms. Nobody

I thought high school was supposed to be the best or worst 4 years of your life. I thought it was supposed to feel like Hellschool, not high school. For me, it was the same as middle school-I'm still the nobody who knows everyone's name yet no one knows me.

Last year was somewhat fun. I had my 3 best friends and the idea of high school being an adventure. Then summer came.

It was the best 3 months of my life; yet it was still the worst. My closest friend was moving to Oklahoma, while I stayed in Willow Creek, Montana. The other two were moving over to the city because their families found better jobs.

That leaves me, Jordan Brite, all alone. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of acquaintances, but none of them will be able to know me. My mindset is completely different from everyone of my peers; and I don't want to have to communicate with the juniors.

So that's somewhat my backstory, so I'll go on to what's happening right now: Home Room. Or to be more specific, home room assigned seats.

I look around for my name before I find it...right next to my crush. How cliché, right? And yes, of course Ms. Nobody has a crush! How can I not? Unfortunately my heart had to be stupid enough to love the Golden Boy; athletic, smart, funny, handsome, ...and popular. Of course. Every girl is after him, so I don't even bother chasing him like a lost puppy, as well. What's the point if there are way prettier girls wanting him?

I sit down next to him (him being Axel Hunter), listening to the teacher go over the semester curriculum before saying that we can get out a notebook and write or draw anything-school appropriate-we want.

Immediately, I get out my notebook and begin writing a story, before going to a different section of my notebook to start writing the beginnings of a new song. No one, not even my closest friends, knows that I write songs.

While writing the chorus to the song, the bell rings and I rush out of the room to get to get to music class. I try to get there early to see if I could sing my new song before the rest of the class entered the classroom.

I open the door to the music room to see no one but Mrs. Jamie, the music teacher. I look at her as if asking to use the guitar. I see her give me a nod and rush over to the guitar so that I can sing my song.

Just in case the rest of the class comes in, I decide to sing a song that I heard on the radio once and fell in love with it. I close my eyes just to be entirely safe before I start singing:

The best thing about tonight is that we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before?
I know you don't think that I am trying!
I know your wearing thin down to the core.

But hold your breath,
Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind
I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

**Music**

This is not what I intended
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed
But I have loved you from the start

Oh, but hold your breath
Because tonight will be night the night
That I will fall for you, over again
Don't make me change my mind
I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
It's impossible to find