Forget-2

“Forget” chapter two//hello & goodbye

Diane and Bryan sitting in a booth, talking, missing, missing you!

(Yeah, I know. It's corny like hell...) 

But I did miss reads and my readers! Anyways, welcome to new members, writers and readers of Wattpad!

CITY

Café Amor 12:30 PM

“We’ve been sitting here for hours.” Sam complained and I shot her a look. She raised a brow at me. “Why are we here anyways?”

I shrugged. “I actually don’t know.” But I actually do. Yesterday, I was here with a couple of friends, chatting and all that, when I heard a clerk says the name Diane. It was paranoia, maybe, but I think (because I’m not really that fluent in French as I am in Italian) she said that Diane will be coming soon. But she never showed. Even the French Clerk Girl was dismayed.

So here I am, hoping somehow my fruitless search would end here and bear fruit.

Sam shook her head, annoyed, and I laughed. “I’m going back to my cozy hotel room and you stay here. Figure out what’s so special about this place.” She stood up and out of the shop. And I waited exactly five seconds before I ran after her.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” I said. “Why don’t we eat in a nice restaurant tonight, my treat?” And instantly, it brightened her mood.

She called a cab and urged me in when I suddenly felt the absence of my wallet. “I think I left my wallet inside.”

Sam groaned and almost got out of the cab when I raised a hand. “What?”

“Just go, I’ll follow.” I said and she groaned again but obeyed. The shop was filled with people now and I lost hope I’ll ever see that wallet again.

Why am I so careless? I asked myself and got in.

See, about five years ago (if I’m not mistaken), I lost my wallet in a bar. It was Marlon’s Pub, I think.

It was where I saw her last—with Steven. And I sighed.

I found our table untouched, my wallet just under my chair and I sighed again, this time as a sign of relief.

I didn’t know what kind of girly force came over me that believed…but I didn’t know what kind of girly force hit me before, when I suggested writing letters with Diane.

Anyways, I believed that fate somehow worked its magic here.

But now, I think of it as foolishness mixed with an empty stomach.

So before I decidedly go out, I waited in line for a croissant. I glanced at my Rolex and it was screaming: 12: 35. I didn’t even know why it was screaming. But then when the cashier called me next, I had the sudden urge to look to my left. And everything just stopped moving.