1-5-13

-Victoria's pov-

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I tried to sit up, but was to weak. I looked around, confused by the annoying beeping sound. White walls, white bed, machines. I was in a hospital.

I tried to forget the memories of the night before. One stuck in my mind though. Was Harry alive?

The door opened and in came Zayn. He looked as good as he did before all of this mess. Except he looked healthier.

Our eyes met, just seeing him, got my heart racing. The machine beeped faster, and faster. In rhythm with the beats of my hearts.

He broke our stare, and looked to the machine. "Are you okay?" He asked as he sat in a chair next to my bed. I scanned his face and replied.

"I feel fine. What about you?" My voice was quiet, and softer then usual.

"Just a little shaken up, but I'm okay." We sat in silence for a while. I was having a mental argument, trying to figure out if I should ask a question or not.

My mouth moved before I realized what I was saying, "Is Harry....." I trailed of in a whisper. I waited in silence for a couple seconds.

"They found him in the river. His lungs were filled with water. But they somehow..." His voice cracked at the end. His hand found mine, squeezing it for comfort. I looked into his eyes that were now filled with tears. I regret asking him the question. "They saved him, Victoria."

My eyes widened at the news. I let out a half sob, half sigh. "Oh my gosh..." Zayn moved closer and wrapped his arms around my waist. I breathed in his intoxicating scent. I tightened my arms around his neck, sobbing.

"Shh Victoria, it's ok. I got you," He whispered into my neck. "I promise, next time, I will not let you get hurt. I'll protect you even if it means killing myself. I will do it." I pulled back. My hand gently rubbed it cheek where there was a small cut. I looked into his beautiful eyes and said,

"I wouldn't want to live if you're not by my side." I moved in and placed a gentle kiss on his soft cheek.

"Well I'm glad I am alive. Now I get to spend my life with you," He whispered. He stared into my eyes for a moment then moved closer so his forehead was resting on mine. I closed my eyes and hugged him to me. He strong, tan arms were wrapped protectively around me. The heart monitor beeped continuously as his lips met mine. They were rough, but the kiss was soft and filled with love.

Had this whole chaotic mess led us to fall in love?

He pulled me even closer to his hot body. I pulled away and bit my lip trying to hide the big smile that wanted to show. Zayn gave him a cheeky smile and pecked my lips once more.

"AWW how cute is that! Hashtag Vayn forever!" We both turned towards the door to see the boys standing there, all of the boys. Niall had his phone out smiling down at it.

"This is going on instagram!" He smiled. I winked at Zayn, who blushed a little.

"Umm, do you think you guys could let me talk to Victoria..?" All heads turned towards Harry. "Alone." He added.  Zayn gave my hand a kiss, then followed the boys out.

Harry shyly walked to the chair Zayn was once in. He looked down at his hands then back up at me, his eyes slightly filled with tears. "I'm so sorry, Victoria. I didn't know......I...I didn't know what I was doing. It's like I wasn't me anymore! I didn't mean to hurt you," He let out a loud sob looking at me with watery eyes. "Sitting here, fine, while you're in a hospital bed because of me, it kills me! And seeing what I did, that gash on your cheek, your arm! Please forgive me! I understand if you hate me and don't want to see me anymore. I ju-" I stopped his rambling by pulling him into a hug.

"It's ok Harry. What you did was bad, and it did hurt, but I forgive you. I don't think you were you then. I forgive you." I calmed down his crying and gave him a tissue.

The door burst open, interrupting us, the boys all piled in screaming about a big family hug. They ran over to us and brought us into a hug.

We all laughed for a moment but then it got serious. "I'm so glad we didn't loose you two." Liam said to me and Harry.

"Well, we're here and we're not going anywhere." Harry said.

"Through it all, I met some awesome boys, met someone special, made memories even if they aren't the good kind. But it doesn't matter now cause it's all over. We're safe now."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Short update I know. I think there is going to be two more chapters then this story is complete :)

One chapter will be the next one of this, and the other will be an alternate ending of how it would be if Harry didn't survive.

Thanks for all the votes, comments, and reads! We just hit 100k reads yesterday! AHHH! I probably wouldn't have enjoyed writing this if it weren't for you guys, so thank you!

Please, vote/comment/follow

The best/longest comment gets a dedication!

-A