Porcelain Doll

Being a doll is no fun. All you do is sit in the window shelf, looking pretty and watch as people walk bye with occasional stare. Even though they stared they will never buy her, but Lana had hope.

She had always hope to be bought and played with like all the other dolls. But no one would ever buy her. No one even considered it.

No one wanted a broken porcelain doll. She had been cracked. Her upper chest had a huge hole in it and it could not be fixed so she just sat in the window and waited.

To Lana it was fun to look out the window. It was her only escape. The only way to forget she was just a broken doll in an old toy shop. She watched kids play and have fun. They played with their toys and looked so happy while doing it.

Lana wished that maybe, just maybe she could make a child feel like that too. She wanted to know what it felt like to be loved and to give that love back. All she wanted in life was to make a child happy.

Years go by and Lana is still on the window shelf watching people go bye. Her crack getting bigger every year. Every day was the same, except for today.

The owner of the shop had taken her off of the window shelf. She was so happy and confused. Was she going to be bought?! Did someone actually want her?! She was ecstatic.

That was until she was thrown into a dumpster behind the shop.

She could see the window which she used to sit and watch people pass by. In her place were newer gaming systems and electronics.

At this point she realized she would never be loved. 'All I want is for a child to love me so I can love them back and make them smile even if they are sad... But no one wants a porcelain doll who is cracked, broken, useless' she told herself.

Then a little girl, around the age of 10, passes by. She looked like she hadn't showered in weeks and hasn't eaten in a while either. The girl stops and looks at Lana, and then picks her up.

The girl examines the Lana, finding the crack on her upper chest. She runs her fingers over the crack and then says "poor doll how could someone leave something so beautiful on the streets." The girl examines Lana again.

"My name is Daisy! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to take you with me. We can go in adventures and play all the time. That way neither one of us is alone anymore. But what should I name you?" Daisy thought about it for a bit. After a few minutes her face lit up. " what about Lily! Oh I love that name! Its perfect for you." She hugged me tight.

I loved that name. It was perfect. It sounded like a real name that I could love. Not just the one I was made with but a real name that was given to me.

Daisy kept her promise and we went on adventures together all the time. We were inseparable. One day daisy fell in love and had gotten married years after. I got a front row seat at the wedding. I loved daisy but one day she got very sick. She was very old and before she passed away she gave me to her granddaughter who played with me just like Daisy did.

I was passed along to many beautiful granddaughters, nieces and daughters for generations they all loved me just like Daisy had. I was always happy and became almost like a family heirloom.

Being a doll is no fun. All you do is sit in the window shelf, looking pretty and watch as people walk bye with occasional stare. Even though they stare they will never buy her, but Lana had hope.

That hope's name was Daisy.