The Big News

I stared out of the window, waiting for my father to come home. "Cathy!" My mother calls from the kitchen. "Would you come help me with the twins?" , "Be right there." I called out from the next room. I walked into the twins room to help them get ready for bed. "Will you read us a story Cathy?" Cory asked, "Not tonight, I have to get to bed also." I said while tucking Carrie into the covers. I shut the light off and closed their door. After that I made my way to the kitchen to help mother clean up after supper. "Cathy, what are you still doing up?" She said with a soft voice. "Waiting for father, wants some help cleaning?", "Sure just do the dishes." After I finished helping clean, I went up to my room which I also shared with my brother Christopher. I flopped onto the bed and layer down, my eyes felt heavy but I was trying to stay awake. I didn't I ended up dosing off. Up until a noise woke me.

     All the sudden, I see a shadow under my door. The door opened slowly and someone peeked in. It was my father. I was relieved. "Father?" I called out. Cathy, what are you still doing up?" He said quietly. "I just woke from the noise." "Well go back to sleep, I will talk to you in the morning." He walked to my bed and hugged me, I hugged back of course. "Goodnight dad." "Night Cathy."
                        Next morning
     *Yawn* I woke up to the noise of young kids running down the hall. I look over and see Christopher still sleeping. I got out of bed and walked over to his. "Christopher, it's time to get up." As he woke up I started to pick out my dress for today. "Morning Cathy" He said with a smile. "Hey." I turned around and said. I walked to the bathroom to get in the shower as he got up to get dressed. I hopped in the shower... *Got out of shower, dried off and got dressed* As I was brushing my blond hair that only went up to my shoulders, I heard my mother call me. "Cathy hunny, hurry up for breakfast!" I quickly looked myself up and down to see if I look like a presentable 13 year old, then ran downstairs. "Morning mother, hey father." I said happily. I sat at the table next to Christopher and grabbed some breakfast. After breakfast Christopher and I headed to the bus stop. "So how did you sleep?" Christopher said. "Haha pretty good I guess." "So how is you and that girl you were talking to?" I said just to be nosey. "Uh good I guess but I don't know if I like her..." He said look at his shoes. "Why, what happened?" "Shes 14!" He yelled. "Okay and so are you..." "She's older then me and I don't like that, plus I don't think she was meant for me..." "Uh okay.." I said as he messed up his dirty blond hair. The bus pulled in front of us and picked us up.

     As I was in the middle of an English test, a voice came over the intercom. "Cathy and Christopher Dollanganger, please report to the office for dismissal please." It was unusual, we never get dismissed. I arrived at the office and noticed my moms face, it was red, like she's been crying. "What happened?" I asked worriedly. She started to explain.