1- You Insult The Big Bad Wolf For Not Blowing Your House Down

Its Saturday.

That was the first thing that ran through my mind when I was woken from my slumber to the sound of the heavily pouring rain.

I smiled.

Thunder and lightning, along with rain always calmed me down. I didn't know why, but I just felt more comfortable when it was storming outside.

Rolling over I grabbed my phone to check the time.

2:47 a.m

My stomach grumbled, and I'd figured I might as well get up and grab a little snack.

Seeing how I was up already, and it didn't seem like I would be falling back into sleep anytime soon. Why not eat?

Quickly getting up, I pulled my mousy hair back into a ponytail, and started towards the kitchen. With my large sweatpants dragging against my feet as I walked, I paused at my mother's door, deciding to check if she was home first.

"Mum?"

No one there. She never was really home anyways, working and such. There was never really a time I didn't know my mother to be busy.

Sighing whilst walking into the kitchen, I opened the fridge and grabbed the pack of fruit I had gotten yesterday, munching on some of the pieces.

Suddenly, a loud "SNAP" was heard from outside, attached with the electric being cut off. I jumped slightly, frightened from the sudden shift to darkness in the house.

Walking over to the window cautiously , I peeked behind the curtains to find a tree, smacked right in the center of my street, with what looked like the entire blocks  worth of power lines tangled in the fallen branches.

It was nearly 3 a.m and all of the power was out. What was I supposed to do now?

Cursing and grabbing my phone to call someone, I realized the fallen power lines meant no service, which was confirmed when I saw the icon in the corner of my phone informing me of my lost connection. Cursing furiously now, I started towards my room, seeking the comfort of my teddies and blankets, but I was stopped dead in my tracks.

"Knock. Knock. Knock."

where was that coming from?

"Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock."

I turned and quickly grabbed the closest thing I could, and held it out as I would a knife.

The problem being, it was a picture fame.

And it was fucking useless.

Quickly putting it down, I grabbed the second closest thing, which was an umbrella. I quickly turned around looking around for any sign of danger, until I saw one thing that sent me into a state of panic.

The doorknob was moving.

I quickly held my umbrella in front of me for protection at whatever being was about to enter my household. I braced myself for the worst, my time had come. It would all come down to this. I knew umbrellas in the house were bad luck.

With a slow push, the doorknob moved. The door opening slightly, I heard a confused voice yell out.

"Hello? Anyone home?"

Jumping back, I yelped. The door pushed open and a man stepped in fast, quickly shutting it behind him.

"Listen I have a weapon and I'm not afraid to use it! You picked the wrong house to rob and the wrong girl to mess with! Now fuck off!" I screamed, silently praying he would turn around and leave.