Chapter One : The Beginning

Published 7/8/18

We ran as fast as we could. Our legs thumping the ground in the process. My tongue stuck out saliva dribbling out of it. The wolves by my side keeping their distance, but running at my pace. A nagging feeling started forming in the back of my mind. The pack mind link. I opened it and a warrior's voice entered. 

''Alpha they are catching up to us they have also almost wiped out most of the remaining wolves in the pack the ones that survived are their prisoners what should we do '', he said.

 Everybody waited for his response.

 '' Etu and I will stay behind with a small group of wolves from each pack, Bidzil and Sinopa will keep on going to the safe place follow them'', he said with authority pumping in his voice.

'' Yes Alpha'', everyone said. I quickly rounded five of my men to stay behind and started leading the pack in other direction. 

Something bumped into me. I move my eyes to see what it was. ''Ever heard of personal space", I snapped

'' Yeah, but aren't you worried about them, I mean we're fighting an attack of one of the cruelest pack their vicious, mean, ugly beasts, they could kill Chaska or Etu '', he said while whispering the last part.

''Nothing wrong is going to happen, Bidzil, it's going to be okay'' I told him like I was explaining to a four-year-old that its rip teddy bear will be okay.

 '' I just got this weird feeling in my gut telling me that something bad is going to happen'', he said. '' 

"Nothing going to happen, now just worry about getting these people to a safe location, I said while shutting down the family mind link.  

----------------------------------

A pain shot through my left front leg, I yip and fell. Another yip was heard from behind me. It was Bidzil's. The pack immediately stopped. Something was wrong. I mind link my brother Etu, ''Etu are you okay. 

Silence.

 '' Etu answer me are you okay, answer me, god, dammit'', I said. ''

  "There their'', he responded.

 '' Who's here'', I asked. 

There surrounding you'',

I  froze, the hair on my neck went up and I sustained a growl. '' Etu'', I was blocked.

 Great.

 I mind linked the pack to tell them the news .'' There surrounding us, all pregnant females and children get together, Minigan, Kohana, Menewa, Galilahi, Ama, and Nayati, get the women to a safe place far from here, the rest get ready to fight''.  The wolves behind me stiffen. A small growl was heard from behind. 

"I can't smell them", Bidzil mind links me.

 I took a whiff of the air. I didn't detect anything. Weird. '' They must be hiding their smell'', I replied.

 '' Yeah maybe'', he answered. Another pain shot through me, but this one in my back. I sucked in my a breath. I heard my brother yelp. What are they doing to them? I ponder. 

I saw something move. '' Did you see that'', Josh said. 

'' yeah, get the warriors ready, cause this ain't gonna be pretty''.

 '' okay'', he replied.

  I inspected the bushes and trees with my eyes when I saw movement. My neck hair rose up as a threatening growl came out of me. I felt the pack behind stiffen. One by one their wolves starting showing themselves. I made my goal of getting my brothers. My warriors stood in there position ready to fight. Their Alpha was nowhere to be seen. Coward. We look at the other pack sizing them down, they did the same. '' One move from them and we strike'', I told them.

 ''Yes Alpha'', they answered.

  Each pack just look at each other, waiting for one of them to do the first move. 

They started first

They started first. We immediately reacted. Launching ourselves to them. One of there wolves came at me I bend and moved to the side well turning my neck, and bit down, he hollered in pain. I yanked hard on the piece of skin and fur I was holding tearing it apart. He's arm bone popped out, blood seeping out of it. It yip in pain. I took that advantage and jumped on him grabbing its neck and squeezing it until I heard the crunching of his bones break, and heartbeat stop. Every wolf that came at me had the same fate as the first one or worse. 

After a while, my muscles started hurting even more and my breath became ragged. There were too many. But I wasn't one to give up easily. I pry a wolf out of one of my pack members grabbing it by the tail,  it yips loudly in pain squirming to get out my hold. I let it go and quickly grab its butt biting it hard. It snarls at me and twisted it's neck, aiming right at my neck. I let go of him and ducked, he's jaw catching nothing but air.  An idea popped into my head, so I went under him, arch my neck, facing up and, quickly grab it's stomach and pulled. The howl that escaped him was very loud. Blood seeped out of his stomach and other things too. I spit out the chunk of skin I tore off him into the ground. The determination was clear in his eyes, even if he was slowly dying. I launch at him aiming for the kill. Grabbing it neck squeezed, not noticing that my leg was close to his jaw until he bit it. I shook him and gathering my strength I threw him at a tree. He hit his head on it, and with a loud crack, he died. 

 In the corner of my eye, I saw a wolf charging at me. I Limp/Ran to her. Then a burning pain was felt inside my stomach. My wolf side push my human side forward making me shift into human form. I fell to the ground and landed on my bad arm a sickening crack was heard. I let out an ear-piercing scream. I felt like I was on fire. My lungs didn't want to work making my breath ragged, my bones felt like they were turning into liquid. I knew what was happening, and as I look around I knew my pack did too. There was angry in their eyes and bloodlust for the other pack. The wolf that was about to attack me was know laying bloody and died. I roll on my side, then all of a sudden a stabbing feeling was felt in the right lung, both of my ribs felt broken, and blood started oozing out of my nose. I gasp for air. I lay for minutes on the ground, experienced harsh pain, but none of them prepared me for this. I rolled on the ground and yelled while clutching my heart in pain.

 '' Nooooooooo'' I yelled tears forming in my eyes. 

He has died.

 My brother.

Main Alpha has died.

 My vision started blacking in, but not before I meeting the eyes of my mate. 

6/2/2018

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter 

Hopefully, the next chapter is going to be longer 

The usual comment and vote, please. =)