Take Me Under

-A Year Later-

''I've told you this before. I don't get why it's so hard for you to understand or believe!'' I yelled, running a frustrated hand through my hair.

''Because it isn't possible, Adam! I'm like the upgraded version of a freakin prostitute, how can someone like you ever love me?!'' He argued. I took a step forward.

''You were,'' I corrected for him. Hurt flooded his eyes. ''But even then I loved you because I didn't see you how you or anyone else saw yourself. I love you.'' I told him. He backed away from me, rolling his eyes as his arms folded across his chest.

''Bullshit,'' He said. ''You can do better,'' The first tear fell from his eyes. ''Stop trying to make me believe I'm worth loving.''

''Adam!'' He yelled as I took a step closer to him. He brought a hand up to his face, wiping the tears away. ''I'm leaving. Don't stop me. Don't.'' He warned, backing away and walking out the door. Walking out of my life.

Why couldn't he see it? Why couldn't he understand? Nobody makes me feel how he does. And no matter what I do I'll never be able to stop myself from wanting him, from loving him.

I can't pull myself from him, how can I explain that to him? How can I get him to believe whats been true from the moment I felt it?

I'm hooked on him.

Everything about him. Who he is, how he acts. I'm hooked on how he's made.

I love him.

I ran a hand over my face, trying to stay calm, trying not to break down at this moment. I moved quickly, following him from our house and outside to the driveway.

He was in his car, face in his hands and hair disarry as he cried his heart out. And I think I moved quicker than I ever had as I moved over and pulled him from the drivers seat, enveloping him in a hug as he fell to the ground and I fell with him my arms wrapped securely around him.

''I love you.'' I told him again. Repeating the very words that started this entire argument. But I was never not going to say it to him. It's true, and whether he believes me or not, I'll keep reminding him of it.

''You can't,'' He whispered to me, calming his tears down. I held him tighter to me.

''I already do.'' I said, placing a kiss to his head. He looked up me. His beautiful brown eyes now wet and red rimmed. He shook his head and took my hand in his.

''If you love someone like me, someone ruined like me...'' He squeezed my hand. ''Then we'll both go under.'' He whispered quietly. I brought his hand up to my mouth placing a kiss to his ivory skin.

Letting my finger hook under his chin, bringing his face closer to mine, I said to him, ''Then take me under.''