Chapter One

Im gonna quickly tell you about my passed, My name is Aaron Mascot. When I was eleven my life was totally normal, kind of. My parents use to always fight over me which was normal to me but not really to other family's. One night my father came home a little drunk and he started yelling at my mother but don't worry he didn't hurt anybody, he isnt that kind of man. The shouting, the arguing, the crying, I hated it so much that one night I ran down the stairs and swang open the heavy wooden door and I ran away and I kept running until I got to a street seventeen minutes away from home. When I finally slowed down I could feel my heart pounding in my chest but I couldn't hear it over my loud breating. I stumbled over to the cold, hard wooden bench outside the city church which was closed because it was late and thats when the crime rates rise over fifty percent. I wasn't' scared of that though, I was scared that my family would be torn apart by the fights between my parents so I sat on that cold, wooden bench for two hours just thinking. My fingers and toes were frozen and my jacket had a big rip in back, I knew I was too cold to stay any longer.

I pushed myself off the bench and slid my frozen fingers into my warm pocket, I began to walk home dragging my feet behind me wondering how to explain to my parents why I ran off. When I was half way home I could hear sirens, I turned around to see but all I saw was a tall man in an all black outfit running towards me, I stepped back so he was able to run passed me but instead he ran straight to me. In that moment I could feel my heart coming out of my chest. The man grabbed my arm so tightly that my whole body began to shake in fear. A few seconds later I felt a cold piece of metal being pushed against my head and I knew he was holding a gun to me. I was so terrified I couldn't cry or scream I was just silent. The the man was using me to get away from the police and their cold metal guns being pointed at him. I knew that the police wouldn't be allowed to shoot because he had me hostage but it didn't make me feel any safer. When the man got to an alley way hidden from the police he dropped me on the ground leaving me in he cold, dark, wet alley way floor, I was still trembling in fear. I slowly stood up and walked to the centre of the path to watch him run away so I knew I was safe but he turned around and looked at me from a distance. I saw him pull a shiny, metalic object out of his pocket and I saw him raise it and point it right at me. Before I could react I heard a loud bang and felt a sharp, throbbing pain in my stomach. I looked down and was so shocked that I just stared at the blood dripping off my hands onto the cold, damp floor. My hands were hovering over the bullet hole, the blood felt so warm and my fingers were not even cold anymore. My legs suddenly gave way and I found my self laiyng on a cold alley way floor in the middle of night with blood everywhere and wishing I never ran away from home. I stared at the bins outside the back doors of the building, then my vision began to blur and my eyes began to slowly close. I was only eleven years old and I was left on the street to die.

But of course I didn't die or I wouldn't of been able to tell this story. I woke up in an ambulance and found my Parents standing together holding hands not fighting but worring and caring about me and that kept me fighting. I was in the hospital for so long that I don't really remember how long. The doctors said I had to stay there longer because the bullet was laced with a chemical that was unknown to any scientist, nobody could idnetify what the chemical was. After months of horrible hospital food and lots of physio I finally left and I was so excited to go home and back to being a family. The three of us were family for another two years anyway, my father was murdered and our family shattered. My mother started drinking and eventually she lost her job so we had no way of paying the bills, so she sold all of my fathers things except for his favorite record which I hid so she wouldn't rip it away from me. I eventually got a crappy job which I hated with all my heart but I needed to support my mother. Eventually she died from a drug overdose and my world was destroyed. My life felt as if it was over but I decided to do what my family would of wanted me to do before everything went wrong. I went to collage which I payed for with my new crappy job. In collage I met Josh Branson, he was my room mate and we became best friends. Josh was the only person I cared for, I didn't have anybody else. We both eventually graduated and got jobs, Josh got a job in a coffee shop and I got a job at a company called 'Jupiter United'. My job was to program the software for their computers which they used to write blogs, articles and much more.

Now I've told you about my passed I'm going to tell you about my life now. I live in an apartment ten minutes away from Josh, so we live quite near to each other. We couldn't afford to live any closer to each other unfortunately. Me and Josh are kind of loners we're just friends with each other and not really anybody else. This morning I got a call from 'Jupiter United' and after three years of working there I finaly got a job promotion from them and I was allowed to hire somebody to be my assistance. You probably know who I was going to hire. I rang Josh and told him and he accepted the offer and we are now working together in a reasonable priced job where now we could upgrade our apartment if we wanted to. We share an office on the seventh foor which isn't that fancy, I look at the apps people have create for the company smartphone and Josh is suppose to get me coffee and stuff, but I kind of share my job with him really as it is way more fun.