Prolouge

Picture above is Olli

Prolouge

My name is Alex Jadeyn Cole and this is my story. All I wanted was a simple life. A life when I am cared for and appreciated and be expected to give the same back. Except my life isn't that simple. My father died when I was thirteen and after that my mother wasn't much of a mother . She started drinking a few months after he died of a cancerous tumour in his brain. After that all I had left was my twin brother Olli. I love him to death and I would take a bullet for that boy. He's my fraternal, were almost exact opposites. Almost.

I open my eyes and look groggily at my alarm clock that's blaring so loud, pulling the covers over my head and moaning,I hear my bedroom door fly open.

"Rise and shine princess! You need to go to school!" My brother pulls the covers off of me letting the cold air hit my legs. I shiver and mumble a complaint, then feel a pair of arms lifting me off the bed and throwing me on my feet.

"Come on you're already late as it is." My twin is way too bright and shiny in the morning for my liking but I think it is because he doesn't need to spend a whole day at school. You see,he does on-line school because he was diagnosed with a serious case of social anxiety after my father died. This makes him unable to make much human contact besides me and even my mum but that's mostly swearing and defending me.

He finally leaves the room and I drag myself to my closet and grab a long sleeved white shirt and a pair of light washed denim high waisted shorts. I lazily pull the shirt over my head, messing my already tousled golden curls even more, if that's even possible. Stepping in front of my mirror I realised I didn't take all of my make up off and my eyeliner is smudged around my jade green eyes. I brush my hair and fix my make up just a little, then I walk back over to my bed to see that the bronzer that used to highlight my high cheekbones is now all over my pillow. I throw the duvet over and smooth it out, just to make my room look a bit less like a bomb hit it. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I shout down the stairs to my twin who I can here clattering and bustling down in the kitchen, he is probably making me some cereal or something. I then slip on my white vans and charge down the stairs, chucking the cereal down my throat, and grabbing my school bag.

"Love you and see you after a day in hell." I say to Olli, kissing him on the cheek. He gives me a hug and opens the door for me. I see the yellow vehicle pulling up to the stop. I start to jog towards it and it opens its doors so I can step onto it, then once I'm safely seated I look out of the window just to see Olli shut the door. I hope he will be okay today.

I walk through the glass front doors of the school building, looking at my timetable. YES! It's maths next! I am already a year ahead of everyone in my grade so it is going to be boring but I do usually read or go on my phone under the table. I get to the math room after dodging the few bullies that enjoy to make my life even more of a misery. I set out my math book and get ready for the lesson, after the teacher arrives they drone on about simultaneous equations. I fall asleep halfway through but I wake up when a piece of paper hits the back of my head, then I hear some snickers from the back rows. I turn around to see Phoebe Smith laughing with her army of minions. God I hate them all so, so much.