7

The next day everyone woke up bright and early. Hiccup had already gotten fish for everyone from the lake, but no one had the appetite.

Being hundreds of miles away from any near village made Rapunzel steam. She wanted to meet new people, not stay in one place with the same people.

"I got a spear for ya." Merida handed Rapunzel a spear that Merida spent countless hours making.

"I'm doing great with this!" Rapunzel showed Merida a frying pan that was floating in the lake. Perhaps a camper forgot it?

"I'll just give this to Elsa. All she has is ice. And she can't even control it." Merida said to Rapunzel who nodded.

Inside the tent, Elsa was still thinking about last night. Jack's words echoed in her mind.

"That's it." Elsa got out the tent and rushed over to Merida. "Morning Lassie." Merida greeted her with the spear in her hands.

"Hiccup's got some fish if you're hungry." Merida pointed to a nearby rock where Hiccup was feeding Toothless.

"Not hungry, let me borrow the spear." Elsa asked which made Merida give it to her. "It's yours to keep." Merida said before she went to Hiccup.

Elsa looked at the spear and saw how sharp it is. Slowly, she walked over to the edge of the lake which made Rapunzel look over at her.

"Catching fish?" Rapunzel shouted out. Now Hiccup and Toothless looked at Elsa. She stayed quiet as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

The sight of the crimson blood flow down her waist sent everyone running to Elsa. The spear, stuck in her stomach with the slightest bit hanging out from her back.

"What is wrong with you?!" Merida shouted which attracted Jack's attention.

Elsa's frail body fell to the ground, as everyone gathered around her. Including Jack.

"Elsa?! What have you done?!" Jack kneels down beside her. Rapunzel is standing off to the side, getting her braid down to heal Elsa.

"O-Only i-I-mortals could love y-you.." Elsa whispered to Jack who wiped her tear. "You told her that?" Hiccup looked at Jack who ignored him.

To Elsa, each blink was a step closer to death. A step closer to immortality.

"Hurry!" Merida rushed Rapunzel who pulled the spear out of Elsa's stomach area.

Rapunzel wrapped her hair around Elsa who whimpered at the touch. Rapunzel sang her healing song, and everyone got the hair out from Elsa.

Not a single cut on her stomach.

"Lassie, you wee devil." Merida hugged Elsa who was now fully aware of what happened. "Why'd you do that?" Jack asked her. "Because love makes you do crazy things." Elsa looked at Jack who smiled.

When Elsa said that, Hiccup looked at Merida who was proudly crossing her arms. 'Maybe love does make you do crazy things' Hiccup thought.

"Now that you're all better, let's get practicing." Rapunzel spun her frying pan but it hit the side of her head.

"Actually, I need a talk with Elsa." Jack scooped Elsa up from the ground and flew to the top of a tree.

Elsa was frighten of what Jack had to say considering he's the most cold hearted out of everyone.

Once they both sat on the strongest branch, Jack talked first.

"Elsa, I love you. I really do. I just don't want to go through the heartbreak when you pass away. The thought of you leaving me alone haunts me everyday." Jack held her delicate hands.

"Jack, we will enjoy our time together. It doesn't matter if I'll pass away one day, We should just enjoy what we have now." Elsa looked deep in Jack's eyes.

"Hey Mer?" Hiccup stopped collecting the sticks for the campfire to look at Merida. "Yes Hiccup?" Merida looked back at Hiccup.

"Hi." Hiccup smiled before he went back to collecting sticks. Merida looked back at her pile of sticks confused, then she smiled.