Soldier's Sister

• Dedicated to Jimmy

Heyy, I just got back from a funeral from my cousins friend who died in a war in Afghanistan, And it gave me this idea. This is my first story on Wattpad, but I've wrote story's on a site named Quizazz. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this! (:

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One .

"What?!"

I heard my mother, Nicole, yell from downstairs on the phone. She sounded upset. I sighed, and got up from my purple and black bed. I walked downstairs, to see what was going on. My mom had tears spilling down her cheeks, as she hung up the phone.

"Mom? What's wrong?"

I asked, alittle confused. My mom burst into tears, and pulled me into a hug. I sighed and rubbed her back. She sobbed into my shoulder, as we were standing in the hallway where the phone was held. Along with a coat hanger, since the front door was in this hallway. There was a small lamp, and a computer desk which held a black laptop.

"It's your brother.."

I completely froze. He has been in Afghanistan for a year now, fighting for our country.

"He- He- He got shot!"

My mom burst into tears, as I stood frozen. Not sure what to do, I rubbed my moms back more. I felt my eyes start to burn, as tears formed and started rolling down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away.

"I'm.. going upstairs."

I said, pulling away from the hug. My mom nodded, and walked into the living room. I sighed and wiped away the tears that were forming again.

I ran into my room, and plopped on the bed, grabbing my phone too.

I quickly dialed my best friend, Jacob's, number. He answered on the second ring.

"Hello?

"J-Jacob .."

"Trish? Trish! What happend?"

"It's .. Tommy. He- He died."

I burst into tears, as Jacob tried to comfort me. "Trisha, it's going to be okay.." Jacob said sympathetically. "No it's not, Jacob! He's gone. My brother. My best friend. Gone.." I wiped the tears. "I think i'm going to go. It's been a long night. I'll see you tomorrow." Okay, Bye Trisha."

I hung up, and threw my phone across the room. I wiped the tears again, and walked down the carpet stairs to see if my mom was doing fine.

She was sitting on the couch, with her head in her hands, sobbing, while the tv was switched to the news.

"Mom, it's okay..."

I hugged her tightly.

"Trish, You have school tomorrow. You should get to bed."

I nodded, and kissed her cheek.

She smiled weakly, as I got up from the comfy couch, and rushed upstairs. I stripped down, as soon as I got into my room, leaving me in my lime green underpants and my matching bra. I opened my closet, and pulled out my pink elmo pj's. I slipped them on, and layed into my bed. I pulled the blankets up over my body, as I lied staring at my cieling.

He's gone. My brother. Gone. Forever. </3

___________________________________________________________________________

Was it good? I'm still new at this. It was pretty short too. But I want to know if I'm doing good, So rate! (: