o n e

"Mel hurry!" My Mom yelled, rushing out of the car to my side through the pouring rain. The sirens echoed about the small town at night. Pinching at our ears. There were people running into the nearest building. Dogs scurrying down the alley ways.

"Mom my foot's stuck!" I cried, my foot trapped in between the car seat. Thunder roared from above us as more rain came down. Exhaling a deep breath, I tried to lift up my foot over and over. Nothing.

Car alarms were triggered and lights went out one by one. They were close.

"Baby I can't!"
"Mom you can! Help!"
"I'll go get help!" My Mom sprinted off.

I shook my head quickly but it was too late, she was off. I see her running off as I yelled for her. Only having hard rain cover my voice. The car alarms got louder.. they were here. Then silence.

The last light on the street cut off, it felt like a complete black out. Mom stopped running and stood still. It wasn't safe to be out alone, especially at night.

I started crying as I closed/locked the car door. Shadows were in the distance, looking for their prey. Light surrounded my Mom, I banged at the car glass. Screaming, crying, hitting. Only seeing my Mom turn her head to me, nodding ever so slightly with pink eyes.

Tall figures stood around her one by one. I could only count five. One figures face was visible, I could only see the horrifying black eyes. That's when it shot me deep in my stomach.. My Mom fell to her knees screaming.

What were they doing to her!?

Bright particles floated from her body, she was getting burned.

"NO NO NO NO! PLEASE STOP!" I cried, a waterfall of tears pouring down my cheeks. "MOM! NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER!?" I got angry.

Her whole body was crisp as she vanished in mid air. I started to hyperventilate, seeing one of the figures looking straight at me. My eyes widened.. paralyzed. I slouched down immediately and covered myself. Sniffing loudly with a shaky breath.

A creak was heard from the back of the car. Same for voices very faded and low. Footsteps were approaching. My eyes shut with all its force..

The car door flew open.

I look up slowly, shaking like it was cold. My eyes met with dark, pitch black ones. It was a boy, meeting with three other boys behind him. They all wore hoodies.

Someone banged on the window on the other side of the car. My head shot around, seeing another set of eyes glaring at me. There was too much, I was too paralyzed to scream. To move. To cry..

I look back at the one closest to me. His arms reached for me quickly. Pulling me out.

"No no no!" I sobbed at his actions and the strength put on my foot. He stops and looks at my foot, then at the seat. A crackling sound like fire was heard from the car seat. The car seat was then heated as it burn my foot. I let out a cry only to be tugged back out of the car. My foot loosening and coming out fully. The burning feeling was unexplainable but I could still feel it. It traveled up my leg and stays.

"My leg..." I wail in pain.

The cold rain didn't help it.. The car seat was in ashes. I couldn't understand what was happening. My body was weak.

I was being carried by some guy to the empty, wet road. The other four followed. I was laid down on the road, my eyes shut. Squinting them open, I see nothing but the pitch black sky. Why wasn't the rain getting in my eyes?

Light formed around me as my leg burned. I moaned in pain. Blinking again, all five of them looked down at me.

"P-PLEASE! STOP!" I regained balance on my feet. Limping on my leg. There was such tiny space. My other leg started to burn. The white light made me light headed.

I grabbed at one of the boys hoodie, holding me up. It was the one who picked me up. My eyes were foggy and pink. He looked straight at me as did I. He leaned in and huffed, a centimeter from my face.

"Please.." I begged quietly.

Loosing balance and falling backwards. I see him reach for me and catch me. My whole body was numb, especially my legs. My head lay back as my eyes closed.

And there, I fainted. The last thing I felt was the flow of fire drift through my whole body.