Chapter 1

It was a warm Monday morning in New York City. Dawn came in and opened my curtains and handed me a hot coffee. I sat up in my bed and looked around. My room was very calming. It had nice smelling candles placed around the room. My bed was a very warm toned wood colour with pure white sheets and blanket. I was living the New York Life. I hopped out of my bed and walked over to my big window overlooking the town. It's seven o'clock and New York is already thriving. I love mornings like this so calm and soothing. I slipped on my cosy white slippers and walked out into the lounge in my pyjamas to find Dawn sitting down in our living room cuddling our kitten Sophie. She is a small little kitten with pure white fur and a little black spot on the left side of her face. We just got her about 2 weeks ago. I walk over to our black leather couch and sit down slipping my coffee. Dawn looks up at me and says "You look like you have had a good sleep". "Oh yeah, it was great" I replied in a happy tone. Dawn put down Sophie and stood up excitedly. "What do you feel like for breakfast?" She said while jumping around. Well I know of this great vegan cafe down the street. Do you want to go there? I mention. I look down at my empty coffee cup and decide. Yes! We are going there. It's settled! I say as I jump up off the couch. I look at dawn and signal her to go get ready. I walk over to our open kitchen and place my coffee cup in the sink. I ruffle my hair and walk to my room with a yawn. I love how the light hits my room in the morning. It makes everything shine. I walk over to my walk in closet, open the door and try and decide what to wear. As it is a warm NYC day I think I will go with a nice maxi dress. I pull out a dress and lay it on my bed. I then walk over to my dresser and open my jewellery box sitting on top. I chose a long chunky necklace, a few bracelets and my favourite rings. I lay it all out on the bed. Pull out my phone and take a picture. Which I will upload to my blog when I get back. I put on my outfit and a nice pair of sandals. Time for hair and make-up.

I walk over to my big wall mirror and inspect my face. My face is clear and smooth and I use many products that do the job over night. Amazing. Since it is just a simple breakfast at a cafe I chose a simple make up look. Soft brown eye shadow, some mascara and a nude lip. A for my hair I just curl a few strands and ruffle it up. I walk over to my closet and pick up a nice pair of summer sunglasses and a small shoulder bag. I get dressed into what I have picked, load my bag with my keys, phone, perfume and wallet. I then hear Dawn calling to me and I walk to my door. I open the door to see Dawn standing there. She is wearing a nice white lace dress, little black ankle boots, gold jewellery and a little blue shoulder bag with a gold chain.

You ready Nadine? She says. I nod and walk towards the door. As we walk to the door Sophie runs up to us and rubs against my ankle. I pat her fluffy head and open the door. Dawn picks her up and places her in the living room. She grabs her keys and we both head out the door. We walk to the elevator and step inside. Dawn pushes our desired level and we go down. The elevator is playing some cheesy music and we laugh. Once at the ground floor we step out into the lobby. The lobby has a very modern theme of white and gold. It is very beautiful when the sun hits it. We say hello to the door man and walk out onto the streets of New York. Come on Dawn it's this way, it's not too far. We start to walk in the direction together. Once we arrived at the small little vegan cafe we stop and look at the decor from outside. It was beautiful. It looked very rugged and vintage. Dawn entered first and then did I. The inside was even better. The cafe had multiple booths you could sit at. All the booths had thick dark wood tables and had quotes graved into each one. We sat down in a booth and a waiter came up to serve us. He handed us two menus and said he would be back when we have chosen, he smiled and walked away to serve other customers. Dawn was sitting on the opposite side of me. We looked down that the menus and discussed what we wanted to eat. The waiter then came back and took our orders. I chose a vegan meal of 'bacon' and 'eggs' which I was excited about. And Dawn ordered vegan pancakes. We chatted for a little while until the waiter came back and handed us our meals. They looked very delicious and I couldn't resist. I had to take a picture. Once we finished our meals we went up and turned in our dishes. We then ordered some coffees to go and re-entered the NYC streets. It was now around 9 o'clock and the streets were full of people and tourists. We walked through the crowds and made it back to our apartment complex. We got to our apartment, Dawn opened the door, and of course there was Sophie waiting for us. Dawn headed to the kitchen and I picked up Soph and followed her. I sat down on the kitchen stools and looked out our big windows. I could see all the buildings, cars and people walking around. I sat Soph down on the ground, finished the last of my coffee and walked to my room. I walked over to my nightstand and picked up my apple laptop. I sat down on my bed and opened the lid, opened my blog and wrote a post about my outfit of the day. I then looked through the comments of my last post from yesterday. I can say that I have the sweetest fans, they always say the nicest things. Once finished I checked all my other social Medias and responded to some emails. Not soon after this Dawn rushed into my room in her suit and said that she needed to go to her office to sort somethings. I hopped up and showed her off. Dawn is a writer for the New York Times.