Explosions

I was shaken awake by Kai. I looked up and haw him and a small girl standing over me.

"hey" whispered kai "are you ok"

"yeah" I replied

"this is alexandra, by the way. she was the one that went all Ninja on you"

Alexandra looked a little embarrassed. she was small for a seventh grader and she bad long, brown hair and rosy cheeks.

"sorry" she mumbled

"that's fine, I would do the same if it were me. you never know what is going to happen now".

Alexandra started to smile. she had a little dimple on the left of het smile.

"you can just call me Alex, by the way, it's much of a lesser mouthful than Alexandra."

I nodded "i'm Aubrey" I reply.  "nice to meet you".

before we could get our little meetings done, we heard whistles coming from the sky. We knew what they were.

"crap, we need to get out of here" yelled Kai.

They were dropping bombs.

Kai, Alex and I sprinted out of the room and down the hall. we didnt  worry about the gunmen and women catching us because we doubted that they would like to be caught in a building that is about to explode.

The first bomb dropped at the other end of the building we were in.  it went off, causing the heat of the explosion to burn our backs and the force of it almost push us over. we kept on running. we could hear more bombs being dropped.

Alex stopped all of a sudden. Bad timing.