eight | i read

"because im living in a house with just three walls so im always getting recognized

"because im living in a house with just three walls so im always getting recognized."

-the 1975, "pressure"

-

Emily slid onto Annie's desk, making the strawberry blonde look up from the case file she was working on. "Hello, Emily. Please, come sit on my desk, it wasn't like I was working or anything."

"Come help me with Todd," Emily pleaded with her.

"Why?" Annie leaned back in her chair, tapping Emily's thigh with her pen.

Grabbing her own pen and tapping it on Annie's arm, Emily pushed her head forward. "Because you're the newest member to the team, well, before Todd. And I was before you, and Hotch thinks something is wrong with her. . ."

"And you told him you'd keep an eye on her and you want to use me," Annie rolled her eyes.

Winking, Emily nodded. "Please."

"Buy me the next coffee run," Annie stood from her desk and started to the press liaisons office.

"Deal!" Emily skipped off the desk, falling into step with Annie.

Opening the door, the two saw Todd with files in her arms. Emily nudged Annie forward, the latter making a horrible attempt at conversation. "Hey, how's it going?"

"Why?" Todd quipped without turning around.

Exchanging offended glances with Emily, Annie rose an eyebrow. "Just a question, doll."

Turning around with a sigh, Todd set the files down. "I'm sorry. I just. . ."

Emily pushed Annie into the room and Annie rolled her eyes before shutting the door, leaving Todd and Annie. "Jordan, as the last person to join this team, I know how overwhelming all of this can be. It gets easier." A wicked smirk fell on Annie's face, "Or some I'm told."

Jordan smiled a bit, "I'm going to manifest happiness and calm for the rest of the day."

Annie laughed sarcastically, "Happiness and calm at the BAU? That's -- wow, sweetheart, that's a high goal."

When Annie opened the door, Emily tumbled in. She looked at the two women who had their eyebrows raised. Jordan grinned, "Oh, did you need something?"

"I'm waiting for a supplemental from the Houston Field Office so I can close out a report. If you could just let me know when it gets here," Emily smiled politely.

"An internal report wouldn't come through me," Jordan shook her head.

A pained look came on Emily's face that made Annie throw her head back and laugh. "Really?"

"That's for checking up on me," Jordan smiled at the two.

Pushing Emily forward, Annie sent her a smirk. "Yeah, ok. If you need anything, we're around."