Prologue

New beginnings

Today wasn't I was expecting in my life, yet I came back. I wasn't yet finished with coffee, but I doze off after sitting down on the stool near the counter.

It was morning, yet a fresh start for my new life. Different from the previous. I felt like something has been missing from my heart, it's breaking me down. I know, life has its ups and downs and sometimes, nothing could go easily what you wanted.

I kept thinking and thinking, and thought of something could entertain my life. Not just those homicide cases. Something more...with mystical. I don't know; the words I use to describe is offset. My childhood friend, Ran, already found herself a soul mate. I was months late before bringing down that organization and my old body back. I felt furious, but I can't do anything about it.

Life wasn't as simple as it is. It could be you, hard enough for you to break. Why me, a detective, thinks like this? Ha, how stupid can I be. I gulp down the whole coffee before leaving the house. I wore my coat and bag with me, it's time for me to go university.

I head off straight to the place. No distractions, no one interfering, no murder I hear around the busiest streets of Tokyo. I walk through the cross paths traffic. The crowd went brushing against me wherever I go. When I reach the end of the pathway, the lights turn to red and cars start to go to different directions. Before I go walk again, I look up to the skyscrapers, how they look down at me. It's like I have been caged. I'm a different person it seems.

I should've been back as kid name 'Edogawa Conan'. Maybe life was much easier like that. Don't have to worry much about it. No, no, no! Shinichi get yourself together. Stop acting like this. I shook my head and slap my forehead once and stroll around the city once more to reach my final destination.

I enter the University of Tokyo (I seriously don't know what university and I ain't gonna research so have fun) and started to roam around. Of course, this is my first day at University. 1 and a half years at Teitan Highschool and I am quite surprised I got accepted here. Grades weren't half as bad but almost all of them are A*.

I look at the clock down the hallway, 9:00. I still have another hour to look around. Firstly, I decided to look around for my lecture class before going anywhere else. But as soon as that was done, I took a fresh air outside of the park just in the middle of the campus in an open field.

People were chatting and talking in some parts of the park. Even though it's close to Spring it's still chilly out here so everyone is been wearing a coat with a muffler around their necks. I stroll around briskly to see if anything caught my interest or nothing. Trees, flowers, grass, and also people. Nothing it seems here but the nice cold breeze keeps the atmosphere chilly.

It was certainly a glamorous park but one thing truly caught my eyes that drew me right at it. The beautiful and breathtaking tree that lured me to it. Leafs slowly falls down elegantly in front me. I was simply astonished. This huge tree in a middle of it gave a sudden feel and view, some can bring me true happiness. However, I don't know what is it, who will?

A tap felt on my shoulder as I freaked out just a tiny bit. I glance over who was it, someone, who I never know but just exactly looks like me but the eyes and the messy hair.

He gave me a weird look and spoke, "Hey, you're that famous detective guy around Tokyo, Kudo Shinichi, am I right?" He smiled. I gave him a sincere expression and nodded.

"Yes it is, and sorry, may I ask who you are?"

He pops a dove just inside his coat and brings it out. Its feet grabbed his cotton gloved index finger as he gave out a soft expression, smiling at the pure white dove. "I'm Kuroba Kaito, nice to meet you, Kudo-kun."