Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights to Suzanne Collins! Plz don't sue me!

~Katniss~

It's about 6 months since the war has ended. For a while, Haymitch had to go back and forth between mine and Peeta's houses, getting us to eat, sleep, and do something besides staring at the wall.

I am still not completely healed from the war and the games. I still get dreams about mutts, and Rue, and all the people I've killed, and especially Prim. I dream about Prim every night. Sometimes we are running around in the meadow, picking flowers. Other times they are Prim getting killed over and over and over again, with me helplessly watching.

I will never be over Prim. But I know that I can't mope my whole life away. And that Prim would never want to see me like this. Whenever I feel like I'm going to break down I just repeat in my head "be strong for Prim, be strong for Prim, be strong for Prim."

Now I hunt again. The woods are the only place I feel safe. I sell my game and plants to the people rebuilding and restarting their lives in District 12.
The District now has a doctors office, a pharmacy, a candy shop, a food store, a school, and a library. We are slowly rebuilding District 12, in hopes that it will someday become ever better then it was when I was a child.

I having taken on the job of taking care of Peeta. He still has many relapses of his torture in the Capitol. I am the only one that can bring him back to sanity. After the demons are gone from him, we play a game of Real or Not Real. He is getting better everyday, yet he still has a long ways to go before he is back to normal.

I walk back to Victors Village from the town. I just finished trading my squirrels with the owner of the grocery store and my herbs with the pharmacist. I walk past Haymitch's house when I hear screaming coming for the other side of Victors' Village. Right away I rush into Peeta's house and see a scene I will never forget.

So did ya like it?? Sorry about the lack of action in the beginning, just had to fill in some important info. But i hope I made up for it with the cliff hanger. I will try to update later this week!
Bye guys!
-K Hutch