Chapter 3- Best friendS?

I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Will you be my best friend again?"

"I... Don't know" I was confused it seemed a bit too fast that he was moving I mean its been 2 years without him making an effort and suddenly he justs talks again.

"I get it, you don't want to give me another-" I cut him off

"Noo! It's not that it's just... Complicated" I said as I tugged on his arm

"How?!? You cant give me another chance because I traded you? Betrayed you? Lied to you?"

Sergio's Pov

"How?!? You cant give me another chance because I traded you? Betrayed you? Lied to you? Briana, we are in the real world you can't hold onto the past." That last sentence came out softer than I expected.

I needed her.

I wanted her.

Without her I'm nothing.

"Haven't you noticed that I am trying!" Tears were spilling slowly out of her eyes so I just walked up to her not breaking eye-contact and hugged her.

What did I feel? I felt my world lighten up.

I missed this. Her. Us. My best friend.

"I'm sorry, I know it's hard but forget what I just said and take your time no matter what you decide I will be there for you. I'm closer than you think" I meant it. 

I have had a crush on her for two years. That's why I left her, I couldn't control my feelings. She had a boyfriend at that time and I felt like I was broken inside and out. He knew I like her and he threatened me.

Briana's Pov

"Thank you" I hugged him tighter.

-3 weeks later-

Three weeks have passed one of the best ones in a couple of years too.

Sergio has taken me to the park, movies, amusement parks. Anything and everything. I am exaggerating but I think its time, so tonight I will tell him.

"Hey, are you ready?" He asked and I replied with a nod putting on my other pearl earring

"May I ask where or why do you have that basket?" He was holding this big brown basket that looked heavy this time we were going in his car or more like his mom's car.

"Well.. We are going on a picnic" he replied by poking my nose with his index finger.

"Yay I love picnics" he knew that so I am guessing he is either taking me to a park, or the -

"We are here" I was right we were in the beautiful meadow that has a splendid waterfall view from the top of the mountain.

We always came here when we were little with my sister

"This is beautiful, you remembered AGAIN" he chuckled at my words.

We were just finishing our brownies when he finally asks me what I have been waiting to give him the answer.

"So, have you made up your mind or do you-"

"Yes, I give you another chance" he is freaking me out I never knew a person could smile that big

He hugged me. That was Amazing. I would love to do it again.

-Next morning-

I was smiling in my sleep, I could feel it. I could hear people talking as well