Short Sad Story One

A river. A bridge. A girl. 

Her long dark hair lifting in the breeze. If only she knew how beautiful she was to me. she climbed onto the rail, balancing and looked out over the water. Her silouett in the dim light of the moon. Her thoughts echoed in my head, faint and hollow. 'How easy it would be to jump. To end the pain and end the madness. To submerge and never return. To be free from it all. To feel release.' She leaned toward the edge and closed her eyes.

"No!" I yelled sitting straight up, my arm extended. A tear found its way down my cheek, my chest hurt like some one had hit me with a hammer. She was slipping and there was nothing I could do about it. The clock on my bedside table said 3:15. I threw on some jeans and my 'all time low' hoodie, and went for a walk. The air was humid and hot, the rain only made the summer heat worse. I didn't know where I was going I just needed to walk. Kylie, the most beautiful girl i had ever met. 16 years old and diagnosed with clinical depression. After a string of cheating douche bags and to many broken hearts later, she swore off boys. Since her parents are getting divorced, her moms never home, her dad is consumed with work, and her brother is always high or drunk. Her friends don't feel like friends any more, her house doesn't feel like home. I found her one night, during a midnight walk, crying on a park bench last year. She looked so sad and fragile, like one touch and she would shatter and fall to the ground in pieces. she told me about her family and her constant need to find something outside that hurt worse than the inside. she cried into my shoulder and i fell in love with her. we became friends and I comforted her when the days were to hard to handle and the weight on her shoulders drains and crumples her. But even as I held her in my arms I knew she would never be mine. Last month her brother died of an over dose and she slipped to the point of no return. She didn't cut her wrists, she is to clever for that. She cut her thighs and her hips, I saw a thin line of blood seep through her shirt, and she told me. Every day since my dreams have been haunted by her slipping farther and farther away and finally of her final days. The rain picked up and I trudge on. I cannot bear the thought of not having her in my life, that one day she won't be there. I stop, looking up, I'm out side her house, a faint glow coming from inside her window. My chest aches as i look up at her window. what i wouldn't give to hold her. pulling out my phone i text her 'outside your house. come for a walk?' Her phone chimes from somewhere in the back yard, and i follow the sound. Her figure melts out of the shadows and we silently walk down the street. All too soon we find ourselves in the park. She turns to me, her face down but streaked with tears. I wrap my arms around her, her head on my chest, my chin resting in her soft hair. The rain drizzling around us playing a soft melody with the leaves of near-by trees. i can feel her crying, sobs shaking her chest. Her pain fills me with sorrow and I cry too. Her sobs slowly fade and we begin to sway, slow dancing to the sound of our broken hearts.

I hope you like it. please comment and tell me what you think, how you would change it and if you want more. Thanx.