My version if the walkin dead part 1

It started out as a normal day, I went to school, talked to my friends, and then went home. Pretty normal to me. My mother was in the kitchen making dinner when I walked in. "Oh, welcome home hunny." My mom said, greeting me with a smile. "Hi mom." I replied.

As I sat down at the table, I looked at the headline of the newspaper

"DEADLY VIRUS SPREADS ACROSS ATLANTA"

A bit concerned, I looked up at Mom. "Hey mom?"

"Yes?"

"How far away from Atlanta are we?"

"Why are you wondering? Did you see that silly headline? That's just news trying to blow something that's probably only killed 2 people"

How could she just dismiss something like this so easily?

Quickly skimming through the article I look for numbers. "50 going on to 60 people have been killed. people who have been infected look like normal people, but are mindless creatures. they will eat any living thing that comes in it's path."

I walk up to my mom and place the article in front of her.

"No mom, not 2 people, 50 to 60 people. And the numbers are growing. I don't want to stay here. We are only an hours distance, I think we should leave."

"Now, now," she stared, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Go get relaxed and well talk a little later."

***********************************

A little later, around 6:00 I remember hearing something break and my mother screaming.

"Mom!" I screamed, grabbing my bace ball bat and running down stairs.

I heard grunting coming from the kitchen. "What the heck..." Ducking behind a corner, trying not to be seen by our intruder, I hear this chewing noise. What? Some kind of animal? No...

Jumping out from my hiding spot, I shakily hold the bat in front of me. To my horror, that thing that killed my mother looked dead.

The skin, green and rotten looking. Some of the jaw bone was showing. And, where the eyes should have been, empty sockets.

I jump back in disgust and terror.

Where had that thing come from? Who made it? Why was it here?

As I stand there in thought (I have a slight bit of add) I completely forgot about the zombie thing until it lunged at me, pushing me on a wall.

It sinks it's yellow rotted teeth into my hand. I begin screaming, which must have attracted my neighbor, Nathan, because soon he was standing at my door, holding a knife in his hand.

"Rosetta!"

Nathan lunges forward, taking down the zombie. He walks up to me.

"Did it bite you?"

I nod in response.

"Where?"

I hold out my hand, you can see it creeping up my arm.

"We have to cut it off."

"What?!"

"We need to cut your hand off if you want to live" he holds his knife up to my wrist.

"W-wait, don't we have to talk about this first?"

"No, you don't have time" he looks at me gravely "you'll be fine" and with final thing said, he took his knife, and sank it into my already infected wrist,

(Authors note: let me just say that I have never watched the walking dead but I did play the video game on the iPad. I am just making up my own stores and characters as I go along. And they will be at a hospital soon, i know that like the walking dead but still.)