Chapter 4

"You always playing," another nigga chuckled as he gently pushed me in the direction of the man at the sound table.

I sat next to him as he flicked on a switch and a beat began playing. The room went silent as everyone else seemed to be listening in.

A woman came on rapping some fire lines before I realised........ it was my voice!

"I don't remember this," I said to myself as I heard the song continue and the guy next to me bobbed his head to the beat.

At the end I said the exact sentence I had stated a while ago. "I knew this was too good to be true,"

"Ooowee your album gon be poppin!" Another said as some others agreed.

"My what?" I managed to say as I sat motionless on the chair.

They all laughed at my words before resuming there previous doings.

"So I was thinking this could be yo next single cause it really is fire...." the man who I'm guessing was the producer said to me but I was spazzing out.

"Aight aight. a nigga heard da hootin and da hollering so I'm guessin some bars were laid?" A voice I've heard on countless interviews spoke up.

I looked at the doorway to see AUGUST entering the room!!

"If I know T then that's definitely the case," Yasmine walked in behind him saying.

My already bulging eyes nearly came out their sockets as soon as I saw her.

"YAS!" I shouted as I bolted towards her- the only person that I actually knew in the room.

I pushed her out the door as she looked at me confused.

"Excuse us," she managed to say before I got her all the way out.

She closed the door behind us," What's going on with you?"

"Mmmhoh my God Yasmine," I struggled for words at that moment. "It worked! And August Alsina is in there! "

I said this more in shock and astonishment since I honestly didn't believe Madame Louise as much as I believed Miss Cleo.

Yasmine searched my face still looking confused. "What worked?? And duh August is in there. You two are working on a song together"

First thing I realised was duh, Yasmine didn't know and I couldn't tell her because of Madame Louise' instructions.

"Uhh. Nothing." I said straightening my jacket on me.

Yasmine grabbed my face and looked into my eyes. "Please tell me you aren't taking drugs. You're a role model Truth!"

"drugs??? Hell no!" I shouted as I pryed her fingers off my eye lids.

Well I hope not. I thought since this was a new life.

"Good, so can we please get back in there and continue? You're too young to be having a mid life crisis" Yasmine said back

"Yeah, yeah..." I said trying to get a hold of myself. The wish worked! And August was actually mine!!!

"So this song we working on- is it a love song?" I asked with a smirk.

Yasmine looked at me like she was unsure of my mental state. "Not necessarily"

"Oh," I thought a little disappointed. I mean i was hoping that it was for some reason.

"Are you ready to go back in there?" Yasmine asked looking me up and down

"Mmhmm," I nodded as I prepared myself to face August.

I looked across the at a mirrored wall as I was now seeing myself for the first time. My ass had changed!

My usually bare lips was covered in pink lipstick and my hair was braided. Not only that, I had a nose piercing.

I kinda looked bad ass compared to my usual look.

Well I guess I had to look the part of a rapper maybe?

***************

The two of us walked back in as all eyes fell upon us.

"Sorry boys. We just had a long day. T's pretty exhausted.

"Yea sorry," I apologized softly as my eyes wandered about the room, until it spotted August.

I smoothed over my hair as the conversations resumed around me, before making my way to him.

Okay. Just play it cool. I thought

"Heyyy," I said as I slid onto the couch he was sitting on

"Wassup ma. 40 just played the verse you laid down fa a nigga. Shit hot," he complimented me

I could feel myself fighting back a smile. "Thanks baby," I said as I drew closer to him

He gave me that gorgeous smile of his as I admired his hair.

"You're hair looks even more amazing in person," I said in this sulky voice as I took one of his twists in my hand.

He gave me a small frown but I kept gazing, now at his lips.

I slowly moved forward, about to finally feel those lips I'd fantasized about time and time again when-

"Whoa na," his index and middle finger hit my forehead. "You tryna kiss me?"

My eyes slowly opened as I saw the look of utter confusion written on his face.

Shit. Aug don't do kisses! I thought of one of his interviews.

"Of course not baby," I played it off....

"Did you call him baby?" One of the men asked

"Yeah but we from New Orleans, we call errybody babeh," August told the man

"Even people you just met?" He questioned further

Wayment. Just met? I thought

******************

Thangs be getting interesting now!

That's Truth before and after her wish in the mm
(Lashontae Heckard)