Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Hey mom, what's up?" I answer my phone.

"I was wondering if you wanted me to babysit?"

"Mom, why would you need to babysit?"

"Because you're a 22 year old girl who needs to go out."

"Mom, I'm fine. I don't need to go out. I have the kids."

"Lizzy you're going out. I'll be there at 5. Sam's mom told me he's been planning a huge party for tonight. You're going to that." Without time to object, my mom hung up. Sammy, JJ and Nate and I all stayed close friends after the breakup.

I sigh and roll out of bed. I go look at my closet and tried finding the perfect outfit for the night. I found a short, black, strapless dress with some black heels.

When my mom got here, it took all my strength to leave my 2 love bugs.

I drive to Sam's huge house. All up and down his street, there were cars. You could literally feel the beat of the music as you walked. It was almost like he tried to reenact the frat party from Neighbors. The black lights, condoms, weed, and kegs that filled his house. The second you walk into the house, you're already high with the amount of smoke that hot boxed his house. Edibles were the only kind of food offered tonight. Everyone's holding a red solo cup. It's a good thing he lives on private property.

I could already feel myself getting high. I'm on a mission, I need to find someone I know. Then I see him.

"Sammy." I tap his shoulder.

He turns around, with a confused look. His eyes are glazed over and beet red. I can barely see into them they're so chinky.

"Holy fuck! Lizzy! Wh-what are you doing here? Haha," when he went to say something, he broke into laughter. "Shit am I high?"

"Yes Sam. You're high as a flying kite. Where's Bri?"

"She's here. Um. Wait. Shit hahaha, oh wait she went to get water bottles and ice." Sammy took a hit out of a nearby bong and I walked away.

As I walked through the crowded mansion, I saw people I knew everywhere, people who I had no idea smoked or drank.

Preston was DJing and let's just say he was very into the music and taking dabs. Katie was taking shots off of Dane. Megan was grinding up on some random guy. I'm pretty sure Evan was tripping on acid.

I spin around just trying to find someone. No one in particular. But then I see him.

"Scott!"

"Hey Lizzy. Wow you know Sammy?"

"Uh, yeah. You can say that haha. His girlfriend is one of my best friends. He's also one of my best friends."

"No way! Oh shit. You dated Jack? Gilinsk. Right?"

"Um.. Yeah.. You can say that too..." I look off at some couple vigorously making out.

"Oh no way. Your kids. Oh. I had no idea." He says like his whole life has been a lie. You can tell he's baked.

"Well not many people know. Other than his thousands of fans. I don't talk about it much. So how do you know the guys?"

"Shit we go way back. Well we used to go to elementary school together but I moved to Idaho for years and I moved back and rekindled our friendship with them. We were best friends."

"Well how about we go smoke?"

"Shit that sounds great," he says as he takes my hand and interlocks our fingers.

He grabs a random bong and fills it with water. I hold the bong as he struggled to grind up the nug of weed. We end up switching and I load the bowl for him. He hands me a lighter and I light it. I suck hard and and let the smoke fill my mouth. I lift the stem and inhale the smoke, holding it for a few seconds before I blow it out. I look at Scott as I give him the bong. He's staring at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. That was just... Really sexy." He licks his lips almost like he's trying to seduce me. It's working.

He takes a huge hit and gently blows the smoke in my face. He leans in, about to kiss me. He opens his mouth and I begin to close my eyes.

"Lizzy?!"

Awww I broke my bong last night you guys. I'm so sad... :(