Chapter 18

I had been given a room at a local hotel. The woman there, wearing something of Indian culture gave me a key, to room 4. I found a twin sized bed, with a basket of fruit, and a quail and ink, along with paper. I picked up the quail and dipped it in the black ink, and wrote a letter to someone. I sent it out the next morning. She would receive it soon, and until then, I will wait for her to come.

She soon came she was wearing a yellow dress that went down to her knees and she wore ankle boots. "Hello, Em. Why did you send for me? I got your letter while enjoying my evening, I thought about not coming, but why not? It's always nice to get out of the palace." She said snickering. "Mack, I am glad you came. As you should very well know, I am sorry for walking in on you, while you were embracing, the Prince. I also need to thank you for kicking me out of the palace. Baylor, he has broken my heart multiple times. But, my question is, you knew that I loved him, even through all of this, you kissed and enjoyed him, why?" I said calmly. "He was going to end it, Em! I may have no family, but that didn't mean I didn't want one! Come on, he was my first kiss, ever! I wanted to have some fun, but he was trying to forget you, so I gave him the opportunity. I started the fight, between me and Abigail. It was all a set up, and you just got in the middle of it." She said with envy in her voice. "Plus, you had been cheating on Baylor with that scummy guard, Jacob, I think his name was, right?" I looked down. To, bad too. He was nice, would have been a great husband, or at least lover, maybe you can save him before the execution today. Better hurry, doll." I grabbed my dagger that I had bought and ran out the door, while Mack was laughing hysterically. No, I would make a choice, whether it was to save Jacob, or to save Baylor, because he would be in trouble, and not because if me.

*****************************************************************************************

So? I made a longer chapter for ya. Have a good week, my peeps!-Dani