Part 4

The next morning I woke up to Daniel shaking me. “Your phone is ringing,” he whispered, shoving it at me. It was Emily, my best friend.

Let me tell you a little about Emily. We have been best friends for as long as I can remember. In fact, we were born in the same hospital just 22 days apart. Our moms were best friends since Middle School. When we were younger, I would come home with her on the bus after school every Monday and Wednesday. So we have pretty much been best friends since birth. When we were in seventh grade (year 7) our moms said we were definitely sisters.

            I answered the call.

“What do you want little butt munch,” I mumbled groggily into the phone. I heard a laugh on the other line.

“Are you busy today?” Emily asked.

NEW INCOMING CALL: Mom – ‘Oh no’ I thought. “Brb Em, mom’s calling. I answered the call from mom.

She told me that she had an important business trip in America and that she had to leave immediately. She trusted me with the house and money. I hung up and continued the conversation with Emily.

“What did you want again?” I asked.

“Are you busy today?”

I thought for a moment. I better ask Skip. “Hold on a sec, let me check,” I said muting the call.

“Hey Daniel, what are we doing today?” I asked.

He smiled and said “I was thinking the boys and your friend could come over and we could all hang out.”

A huge smile appeared on my face. “Of course, go call the boys.”

I had already told Emily about Daniel and the boys.

-

“Well the boys are coming over and my mom is on a business trip if you wanna come over.” I said.

“Be right there!” I heard her say before hanging up.

-

Skip was still on the phone with the boys; he was whispering so I left him alone. I heard a knock at the door and knew it was Emily. “Come in,” I said cheerfully. Daniel walked in. “Daniel, Emily. Emily, Daniel.” I said introducing them. Skip reached out to shake hands. “Call me Skip.” He said.

I looked out the window and saw Beau step out of the car. “The boys are here!” I yelled before walking outside. Beau stretched his arms out so I ran and jumped into them. “How’s it going Slu+?” he asked me. “Wonderful Boo,” I responded. Boo was my nick name for him. Luke’s was Lukey, Jai’s was JJ, and James’ was Bunny. I turned to see Luke staring at something. I soon found that it was into Emily’s eyes. I interrupted and introduced them. Luke and Emily hugged for what seemed like ages as Daniel’s arms were wrapped around my waist.