The Most Haunting of Me

I was thirteen when the world went to complete shit.My father told me many times about it,but as usual I never listened to the foul man.When I hitted the age of seventeen and after my father died,my friends and every other person over in Glasgow,Scotland talked about an apocalypse was going to happen.Indeed it did,an eternal ice age caused by the distribution of CW-7.Scientists created it to help stop global warming,my mother told me about how it was going to help the polar bears.I don't know about y'all,but my mother and I have a slight case of anxiety.It only happens if we're sad or terrified,but when it comes to anger.It makes us a little more...hella scary.

We were last two people to board the Glasgow Central Station,it wasn't by pure suprise that we've gotten tickets.My father was one of the scientists and got us tickets for the Snowpiercer,but he died.We selled his ticket,but kept ours.Here in Glasgow was and will be the train's final stop before it departed forever.We had no idea what we were in for when we boarded,except that we'll be safe now...or so my mother and I thought.

The guards came to us and took all of our belongings,including my engineering and Medical books.I used to have a dream to become a doctor and a engineer when I got older,but as you can see...It ain't working out well because the school/college is soon to be a popsickle.Did I mention they locked us in this hot ass iron box?! With thousands of people,no water,no food,no goddamn bathroom,and no beds.After a month we ended up doing something so barbaric,that made me rethink about the Americans and British being fragile.Yeah,it was horrible.

..............

"Mama,is this what I think it is?"said seventeen me ask my mum.Not too long ago,a few people were cooking some type of meat over the fire they had made out of bits of cardboard and paper.Hell,someone was fortunate enough to supply matches they had stolen off of a guard.

"No,of course not.It's horse meat.Just eat it quickly,love."She said,shoving the big hunk of charred flesh into my mouth.I grabbed the meat gently and sniffed the "Meat" suspiciously,but I just shrugged it off and did what I normally did.Shut up,sat down,look,sniff,and garble down my meal.Raw Beef,Carroll's Mead,Juniper Berries,and SnowBerry Berries is what I would normally eat over at my grandmother's held over in Perth,Scotland.That's all I could smell,I can still smell it now.Boy,is my scottish-self comin' back alive.I missed it for soo long,I could practically do the highland fling.We went to sleep and all could think about was Scotland,the different places,the salmon,golfing,and the football (A/N:Soccer if American.)

A month later,the guards came with big wheelbarrows of black,rectangular,greasy,gelatin bars.They called them protein blocks.They tasted HORRIBLE,it was like squished bugs in grape flavored jell-o.However we were all grateful we didn't have to eat people anymore.Yes,you heard it right mates.That "Horse Meat" was someone's fucking arm and I just ate it like anyother time.Anyways,over the course of a few months we gradfully started making our own little niches in the tail sections,volunteering to help with my learnings of Medication and Mechanics.Things were still terrible,but we survived.Including my arm.

~Two years later~

I was nineteen and my mother was in her somewhat early 30's.The day any other normal ass day,the guards came;took head count,and gave us those rubbish protein blocks.I was standing in the middle of my Mother and a boy,Curtis is his name.He's about nineteen,the same age as me.Gilliam,our leader,had taken Curtis in almost like a son.My Mother is considered as Gilliam's second in command/bodyguard because she's really agressive and is a Mix Martial Artist/Boxer.All my life,she taught everything she knew and learned from a match or so.Hell,that's how her and my bloody father got together with the exception of having his teeth missing and a broken nose.The four of us were pretty close,but Curtis and I weren't the kind of people to talk,so we're really aquintances.

Today was different actually,one of the guards spoke up.It was quite strange because these cunts never spoke to us,unless it was counting us and telling us to sit down.I lifted my head up and looked over at my Mother,then at the guard.

"Are there any fighters here?"He asked,"Boxing,Martial Arts,Wresteling?"I instantly let go of my mother's hand as I was about to go up there,but I guess she saw this action and raised her hand before I could take another step.

"I am!"She shouted,I froze and looked over at her,betrayed and sadden.She looked down at me and in her pastel blue eyes that blend excellent with her caramel skin showing how she was sorry and regretted her decision.The guards pulled her by the arms knocking me out of my trance,quickly I lunged and latched onto her arm,yelling and fighting off the other guards to get to her.

"NO!...MUM!...NO!...LET HER GO YOU CUNTS!"I shouted.I tried to run to her again,but two muscular arms wrapped around me to hold me back.I knew it was Curtis.I just stood there with tears,something that I've never done was cry because it was pointless and it showed weakness.But right now was not a pointless moment and I sure as hell didn't care if I was feeling weak,it was a moment that I never saw coming and a feeling that I knew,I would have to hide behind a mask.

It's been years since that incident and it still haunts me,but it only makes the fire inside of me burn.