Part 1 - Casey

When I thought of how I'd die, my current predicament was never a possibility I had considered. As an undercover agent I had become quite familiar with the all the death and gore life had to offer and after ten years I thought I was ready for anything.  I was not. 

I stared at my superior; the man who had taken me under his wing after my application had been approved and had become my mentor and friend. His eyes betrayed no emotion, a direct contradiction to the smirk on his face. His gun was trained directly on me. I knew from working beside him that he wouldn't miss especially since I was the perfect target - weapon less and in shock.

                "It has to be this way."

That was it. No words of remorse, apology or even a motive for this madness. This was the final event to cement today as the worst day in my life. But then again the day you die would win worst day of anyone's life hands down.

He cocked his head slightly to the right as if that was supposed to mean goodbye. A lock of sandy-brown hair fell forward into his face.  I would never figure out why my sub consciousness decided to acknowledge how attractive he was at that particular moment. 

He squeezed the trigger, my world exploded. Pain slammed into my left shoulder, the force of the blow had me staggering backwards. I met his eyes one more time before I felt myself losing consciousness. I crumpled to my living room floor.