Chapter 12

Ellie's POV:

"Nanny, I'm alright. I'm sorry if I worried you, but I can assure you my husband is a good person." I said to her through Skype.

My husband... I got a fluttering feeling in my stomach when I said those two words.

"Hm, really? If you say it like that then I trust you. But I still have to meet him." She said.

I smiled. "Of course, you will. Any plans of coming back here? I really miss you."

"I don't know yet, and of course, I miss you too. Yah, how's your husband aside from being a good person? Is he handsome?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Well, he is cute. He can be really really adorable if he wants, then just transform into a handsome beast. He's also a good singer. He has a beautiful voice-"

"Aigoo, have you already fallen for him?"

"Come on, nanny. Don't be like this. You're on speaker."

"Hm, answer me. You seem like you have fallen for him by the way you talk."

"Nanny, it's only the third day that we're together. That can't be."

"Well, how do you feel?"

"Actually, I'm... happy with him. Surprisingly! Unbelievably! I really hated his guts. I couldn't even imagine living with a person like him but... he just changed my point of view now that we're together." I confessed.

I don't know why I feel so excited. I want to talk more and more about him. Changsub is in the kitchen, preparing for lunch.

"Ellie, I just want you to be careful with your heart. You know you've been hurt once and I don't ever want that to happen again."

"Don't worry about me. I've learned a lot of things when it comes to this."

"Still, I'm happy that you seem to be finally moving on."

That's when I heard a knock from the door. "Yah, Ellie, let's eat!" I heard Changsub said.

I smiled. "Bye, nanny! Will talk to you again soon!"

"Okay, goodbye."

• • •

Changsub's POV

I rubbed the back of my neck. It was hard to understand English, but I tried my best while I was eavesdropping from Ellie's conversation with someone.

After lunch, I asked her to go out with me for a movie date.

"Movie date? Are you a teenager?" She asked.

"Yah, you're younger than me. You're supposed to like this thing!"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I want a food date."

"But you just ate!"

Why argue when we can do both?

We went to the cinema and we both decided to watch Spongebob Squarepants: Out Of The Water. I thought she would choose a love story, but then again, she never fails to surprise me.

We both looked at each other when we felt our hands touched while getting a popcorn.

We stayed like that until she talked. "Yah, there's nothing much left. Give it to me." She said.

I frowned and shook my head. "No, I bought it so-"

"Aaaah, give it to me. Please?" She asked, using an aegyo.

My jaw dropped. I never thought she could do something like that. "A-alright..." I said, scratching my head.

What is this nervousness that I'm getting? What relationship do I really have with her? For real?