Chapter One: Words left unsaid

Quote: 

"If you love someone tell them because hearts are often broken when words left unsaid"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter One: Words left unsaid

Areeyah made her way to the secret meeting by a lake. She looked around hoping for any signs of Jao. Hoping she'll have the chance to finally tell him what she should have told him before. Holding on to the pink origami star that Jao gave her during the time they we're sitting in front of a fire together star gazing. Another moment that was. Another memory she'll remember and treasure because those moments she felt that indescribable feeling. The feeling when she's around or thinking about him. It wasn't just happiness but it was something that she couldn't describe. That indescribable feeling that only she knows and feels. 

But as she stood there frantically looking around the lake, she couldn't help but assume to the worst. Assume that she won't get the chance to tell him. It was all because of time. It was almost like she can hear a clock ticking, the seconds passing by. The King, though he agreed to this meeting, this chance, set a time for her to be back in the palace. Standing there looking at the star all she can think about now is "Kung sana lang sinabi ko sayo dati pa, Jao."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Jao was running as fast as he can through the woods. Searching for the lake Areeyah told him to meet her at. He couldn't believe that he was cold towards Areeyah during times when she visited him in the prison cell. It broke his heart seeing her at the other side of the prison cage as tears stream down her face as he pushes her away. Was it because he couldn't face her? Because there was that thought of him being from the Eastern blood and no longer right for her. No longer right for the girl he loves. His mother, waiting for his return, made him realize that every minute, every second is precious. If it were the moments to be happy before going to a life like they were about to enter, he wanted to be with Areeyah for those last moments. Maybe tell her for the last time how much he truly loves her and how much she has given him happiness from the moment he met her. 

Jao still running finding his way, he suddenly heard voices and quickily hid behind a bush. He heard 2 people walking towards him. He's heart beating loudly hoping this doesn't cost him to not being able to see Areeyah or his life ending here. He heard the 2 people slowly walking close to him but as the minutes pass he heard the footsteps fade away. Jao looked around and made sure that they were far enough to not hear him run. He bolted straight away finding his way to the lake where Areeyah is patiently waiting. 

"Areeyah hintayin mo ako. Darating ako sayo. Whatever it takes." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 "Jao," Areeyah softly says still looking at the origami star. "Sana makarating ka. Gusto kita makita. Gusto kita makita ulit." 

She couldn't it help, tears streaming down her face. There Areeyah stood feeling as if the world has taken away her happiness. The world separating her from the person who made her feel special, and who made her feel like she'll never be alone in this world. Promising that he'll always be there by her side and to make her smile everyday. She remembered the way he kneeled down in front of her at the top of that mountain. The way that he made her feel loved. 

"Jao hindi dapat hangang dito lang tayo." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Saan ka Areeyah." Jao says as he struggles to look for their secret meeting. There was no lake in sight. Jao felt so helpless. So lost. He didn't know where to turn; he didn't know how far to run. But the thought of giving up was never on his mind. He needed to find that lake and be with Areeyah. To see her again. Tell her that he's sorry that he pushed her away. That's what made him more angry at himself that he should have used those times to be with her and talk to her instead he did the opposite. He couldn't believe that he hurt her and let her cry. This determined him to find her. 

He turned and followed a trail. As he ran to the end, there he saw a lake. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Time was ticking. Ticking to fast. Areeyah had to go back in 5 minutes. She'll stay till the very last second if she has to. Looking around tears still falling as she sees no signs of Jao anywhere. She couldn't take it but put her back against a tree and slowly set down holding the origami star by her heart. 

"Jao!" She cried and closing her eyes, seeing his face in her mind. "Jao."

She sat there waiting and hoping. Time was her enemy as it was time for her to go back. 

"Jao kung hindi ako papayag na hangang dito lang tayo. Kahit ano gagawin ko ang lahat para lang bumalik ka." She looked around one last time. She slowly stood up and there where she sat she left the origami star. Areeyah started to walk away but turned around.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Jao looked around. Here he was beside a lake. Running around the lake seeing if Areeyah was anywhere to be found. But there was no sign of her anywhere. He kept looking around. Any signs of her being close by but he couldn't hear anything but his frantic footsteps. 

"Huli na ba ako?" He thought. "Hindi. Hindi!" 

It was hard to believe but if he was beside a lake and Areeyah was not to be found anywhere then it was clearly to late. The thought of her waiting for him here, the thought of her giving up and walking away, it was painful to imagine. He threw grabbed a rock and threw it to the lake. As he watched the movements of the lake he looked up and so that the lake had a continuation that was blocked by tree branches but he knew that the lake didn't end there. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Every step Areeyah took it was like her heart breaking into pieces. The bare thought of coming back to the palace knowing that she will be miles away from Jao and not knowing where he is. How he is. What's he doing. Knowing there is no way for them to see each other. Every step away from the lake was a struggle. She felt like she was walking further and further away from him. She was still crying as one of the most important person in her life was being banished from the country he loves and it was all her fault. She regrets telling Jao. She should have kept it a secret because if she had this wouldn't be happening. She would have been with Jao. Biking around Yangdon, walking up that mountain, Jao touring her around more places in Yangdon and so much more. Their future looks so bright, so happy and now... she doesn't know. 

Not fully looking where she was going she tripped over after not seeing a big tree root. Areeyah was on the ground but wasn't hurt but she sat there. She put her hands to her heart. 

"Hindi ko nakuha ng pagkakataon sabihin sa kanya. Yung gusto kong malaman nya mula noon pa..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 2 coming soon! 

Will Jao find the origami star Areeyah left? Can destiny step in?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thank you for reading! Let me know what you guys think of the first chapter of my version of the PAI ending :)