How the end began.

They say you learn from your mistakes in life. That they lead you into the right direction, but no one stops and thinks 'how many turns of fate will be until then'? We make mistakes that later on we'll regret, but they make us who we are in the end.

The end, 'the end', we keep talking about what we'll get 'in the end' and forget to pay attention on what we have now, in this very moment.

"This isn't working. It just doesn't seem right. I'm really sorry, Liam, I don't want to continue all this, it's useless if the feelings aren't mutual." Brianna said her voice low and husky.

Liam just stood there, unable to move. There sat Brianna, not even looking him in the eyes. The wind was slightly blowing against their warm flesh and their hair swaying ferociously. He could begin to feel the tears well in the back of his eyes and he planned what he was about to say.

"Why Briana...? I-I don't understand." Liam finally choked out.

His tone of voice was wavering, but deep inside he could feel the storm brewing. He could no long contain his feelings in his heart.

"My feelings for you are gone, were just not meant to be. Please don't be mad at me Liam..." She sobbed.

Her blonde hair now blew harder through the wind as she quickly got up from her seat as she went to stand next to Liam. She looked up into his beautiful brown eyes, but those eyes were now full of hurt and more blurry than usual, they were broken.

She remembered how she used to get constantly lost in them in, those lazy afternoons on his couch. How she tried to make herself believe that this is love, that she truly loved him.

Though Briana knew that the love between them never existed, maybe for Liam, but she never felt it. She knew, well at least thought she was doing the right thing. Breaking this off was for the best. She wanted to forgot him. She want to wake up from this dream.

"Brianna, I love you, I can't just give up on this so easily and I don't understand how you can either?" Liam asked, he voice wavering with pain.

The clouds were now gathering above their heads and Barnoldswick was getting ready for a storm, apparently. The park was almost empty now, people leaving for their home as the wind was whistling through the trees.

"I can because I always could. It was never real, Liam, I just... It was only in your mind." Brianna splattered out.

"In my mind... You told me you love me!" Liam's voice began to slowly rise.

"I thought I did but it was, somehow temporary. I... I can't explain it but I don't want this to go on, it's just wrong and please don't search for me Liam, I don't want to..." Brianna began, only to be cut off by Liam.

"Talk to me ever again, you want to never see me again, you fucking want to pretend like nothing's ever happened between us, like we don't know each other!" Liam yelled at her.

"I'm sorry. Please take care of yourself." Briana whispered in his ear and softly kissed his cheek.

As her warm lips came in contact with his cold skin made Liam shiver. He closed his eyes, concentrating on his breathing. In and out, in and out.

Her steps began fade as he continued to stand there, motionless – almost dead. Liam stood there his mind wandering to different places he'd never been. He had never felt like this before, not in entire life.

He couldn't control his thoughts, unable to think straight. It was so hard for his to digest all that had just happened.

He was hoping still that it was all a dream and that his mother will come to wake him up in the morning and everything will be fine. Everything will be normal. But as the rain began to fall, as they burnt against his skin he knew that it wasn't a dream – closer to a nightmare that he would never wake up from.