Chapter 2

Hi guys. I hope you like this Chapter. (:

Going out with camila gave me a sense of home. There was something about her that felt familiar and I was comfortable with her. Although here I am now thinking about life, watching the people below walk around town looking like ants. So oblivious, to pain, to society, to what the world is actually full of.

"Hey Lo, I knew I'd find you here" a voice said behind me. I turned around already knowing who it was, ready to embrace her in a much needed hug. "Hey Mani, you know I like to be out at night" I said into her shoulder.

She was wearing her Red and Blue suit. (The one in the picture, she's not spiderwoman though she'll have a different name) But her mask was off. "You do realize we're by ourselves no one is going to see your face Laur, you can take the mask off" She was right, and I knew that. I couldn't let my guard down, it just didn't feel safe. A wave of anxiety rushed through me which didn't go unnoticed by Normani.

"Let's fly through the city, yeah?" She suddenly asked. Without hesitation, i nodded. I wanted to forget the world for a while.
"Let's go, I'm down" She flashed a smile at me and we were off. I leaped from the tall building and my flight took over. I closed my eyes for a second, it felt great to forget about everything. I did a turn in the air and I saw Mani swinging from buildings and chuckled. "That maniac Is gonna get her self killed one day" I said to my self.
The fall weather of new York pressed against my skin, the feel of water below me, the laughter of the lady by the bridge, the smell of food throughout time square. I felt and heard everything. It was too much right now. I found the top of a nearby bridge and sat at the top. Normani soon found her way next to me.

"You okay, Lo?" Hesitation present in her voice. "I don't wanna live a life where I feel like I'm a mutant of some sort. It's what got them killed. They killed them, and everyday it just feels like it's my fault." I took a shaky breath. "It's hard, is all really."

Normani through an arm over my shoulders and said "They'd be so proud of you, you know that right? Your parents, Laur they loved,..they love you, Taylor, she loves you. Chris is living happy and safe because of someone like you to watch over everyone. With your best friend by your side. Laur, you're never alone, not with me" Tears glossed over both our eyes. Our wonderful moment was interrupted when a loud crash was heard in a far distance.

"You don't think?..." Normani stood up as I did. "Only one way to be sure".
We yanked our masks back on and we were off.

We got to the city and suddenly I was face to face with line of fire leading to a small city. They're back.

Normani appeared by my side within seconds and we both had the same look on our faces. "We won't let em' win this time" Gryff always traveled with someone else. A female, controlled electricity and was fairly evil. Gryff however, never harmed anyone personally, but found a way for them to harm themselves. They were manipulative. Dangerous. I wasn't sure what they looked like. Gryff always wore a suit, and was average height. The female, was oddly small And had blue eyes but wore a black mask. I've never seen their faces.

"You didn't think you'd be able to stop me did you?" The deep electronic voice said.
My head whipped to the side and right in front of me was my nemesis.

"I'd have to say you look more grown up Raven, to bad you won't look as lovely as you do in a moment"

They flew at me and I was in the ground. I Pushed em' off of me and stood. The force field through Gryff off a bit, but they still came after me.
I took a blow to my face and kick to the ribs.
"You're pathetic. Just like you're parents were."
That filed my anger and soon I was up throwing force after force.
Gryff was on the floor.
I stepped on thir chest shutting off their suit.
"I'm nothing like my parents. "
With that, and a last field to the face I flew off.

_____

I fished for my keys through my bag and as soon as I found them I unlocked the door.

"Oh hey! You're back! I was about to get some chinese, I know it's a little late but do you want to go get some?" Right away I was greeted by Camila.

I looked up at her and offered a small smile. There she stood with her mouth slightly open. I raised an eyebrow, confused.
"What happened to your face?" Oh. Right. Fuck.
"Oh I fell off my motorcycle and hit the concrete. I was being a clutz, I'm alright" the words left me mouth easily.
She looked at me for a while, I guess trying to piece everything together.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "But yeah camz, I'm up for Chinese food, let's go?" She smiled and looked down, blushing.

"Camz?" Now it was my turn to blush.

*A/N every camren fanfic needs this moment just let it happen*

I cleared my throat. "Oh uh yeah, ha, it just kinda came out I could-"

"Nono! It's fine, I like it" She smiled.

"Well then, shall we go?" She nodded and opened the door.

I saw the navy blue sleeve sticking out of my bag, so quickly I threw it under the bed.

"Okay then let's go!"

After all, I am in college.

____

Authors note:
I wasn't entirely happy with this chapter, but I hope you guys like it. You kinda got an Intel on Laurens past and her issues with Gryff. Also I'll probably update mainly on Sunday's and maybe Saturdays. Anyway vote, comment and yeah okay (:

If there are any mistakes I apoligize.

*The song is The Edge of Tonight by All time low* I thought it went well when lauren and Mani were like flying yah know.

-Sara (: