Prologue

Prologue

Breath in. Breath out. After this, everything will change. I opened my eyes and focused myself as my dad grabbed the car's break in front of our school--- Molina Academy. A school in Barcelona, Spain. Yes, we live in Spain. Anyways, I walked towards my friends who are taking some selfies and pictorials with their families.

"Hey guys," I said as I approached them.

"Hey Al," Emerald Moore said. A very close friend of mine since we were in kindergarten.

"Opps! Smile for the camera," a photographer said and Emerald turned me around.

Few shots were taken and after that we headed to our gymnasium for the graduation event. We sat on our respected seats and waited for it to start. I have no phone unlike the others and my friends, I asked my parents why I don't have one but they just said that I am still young.

"Please all stand," the person with the microphone said. Names were called later on and students came up on the stage and received their diplomas and shook hands with the principal.

"Almira Celeste Molina," I stood up and walked towards the stage. Yes, I am Almira Celeste Molina, daughter of the owner of this school and the principal of this school. "Smile" and the flash went from the cam.

"Congratulations Almira," said by people who are around me and in this house. I am at my house with a lot of people around me. I sat with my friends who are Emerald, Anna Cruz, John James, and Catherina Alvarez, who are eating some desserts.

" Yes, we're finally going to be seniors," Catherina said.

"Yeah. And we'll still be classmates, right?" John said while his mouth is full.

"Ew, John. But yes," I said and took a piece of cake.

We talked about senior high school and more but my mom called for some pictorials again. Then she told me to head to her office which is in the fourth floor.

"Sup mom?" I said as I closed the door. When I turned, I saw dad with an envelope in his hands.

"We have umm... News," mom said

"What is it?"

"Here," dad handed me the envelope and I opened it.

I read the letter. No. No. No. This cannot be happening. "I thought we wont go there until college?!" I said and crumpled the letter.

"I know and sorry that we broke our promise, sweetie."

"No. Ugh. Whatever," I went out and went inside my room. Anna found me and called the others.

"Hey. What happened? " Emerald said

"I am not going to attend senior here," I said

"Don't tell me that you'll migrate to Philippines already?! " Anna said

"Yes. And it will only be me. My parents will stay here, of course. "

"Damn. Why did they break the promise?" John said and pounded the table in front of me.

"The letter stated that I should be there already since there will be another branch of the company and I'm already 'mature' enough. I'm not even 18 yet!" I said

"When are you leaving?" John asked

"Tomorrow evening. High school classes are already starting there and a week after I'll arrive, I'll be attending classes already. They already enrolled me and talked to the school's president about it. And the president is one of my father's close friend. Also, dad said that I'll be advanced to second year high school."

"Oh right, your dad was raised there," Emerald said

I didn't get to enjoy fully the party--- my party. I told them that I need to sleep in order to escape this for a moment and they didn't argue with me. They just went out and locked my door. The next morning, I started packing. I only have one mallet because, according to my parents, I will 'shop till I drop' but I never really liked shopping for clothes. I only shop if needed, what I like is playing some computer games like DOTA 2. I'm not that good yet or as people call it 'pro' but they said that I have mad skills, never gonna believe them though.

Anyway, as I was packing I saw a box beside my lamp table and it was wrapped. This was a present from my parents that I never really got to opened because I was mad at them. But I think this is the right time to open this, oh well, I'm leaving tonight anyway. I unwrapped it and saw a another plain brown box. When I opened it, it contained one brand new HP x360 and a Samsung Phone. I was shocked at the same time surprised, I never really thought that they would buy me these since they always told me to save up money. So, I wrote a letter and later that night before my flight, I sneaked to their room and placed the letter. It was about me being sorry and thankful. My friends were the one who accompanied me to the airport because both of my parents were so busy of their works. It always has been this way. Even with my sister who is now in New York and is a famous writer. She's 12 years older than me and she really is a great writer. She always sends me copies of her books.

"Have a safe flight there Almira and don't forget us, okay?" Anna said

"How on earth would I forget you guys?" I said and rolled my eyes

"Contact us through social media since you already have laptop and a cellphone," Emerald said

"Yes, Em. I'll chat you guys if I'm already there."

"Well, I guess this is goodbye," John said

"Nope. This is not yet goodbye, we will meet again soon," I said and we did a group hug before I boarded the plane.

Here we go.