Chapter 4

"MA. THESSELLY SANTIAGO!!" I shouted as I ran towards her. Behold, Thess' real name! She was, at first confused and then when she recalled last night she began to run. I eyed her as I ran as fast as I can. If I will catch her, that would be a record breaker. You see, she's the fastest runner here in this school. She has been competing since she was in middle school. She said that this school has middle school too. 

Anyway, while I was running, a teacher, I dont know who cause I didnt look at his direction, shouted, "No running in the hallway!" I ignored him and still ran as fast as I could. After 20 minutes, I got tired and went to the cafeteria to buy a drink. I was hoping that Thess would go to the Students Activity Center (SAC) when she realized that I was not chasing her anymore so I could catch her. SAC was located at the back of the school, where there are a lot of trees. There are also benches and tables under the shades of trees. I'm beginning to love this school! There are so many things that I love. 

12 minutes later, I went to the SAC and looked for Thess. I saw her at our usual spot. I tipp-toed to her direction as slowly as I could to let her think that I wasn't there. When I was already behind her, I grabbed her arm as tightly as I could. 

"Mind some explaining, Ms. Ma. Thesselly Santiago?" I said with an evil and sarcastic smile. She sighed and gave up. 

"Okay, look. I have been with the group for as long as I could remember. I play DOTA with them but, I didn't accept their offer which is to join their team because I know I'm not really good at it. And sooner or later, I know I will bring bad luck to them. When James, their teammate, got an accident, they were really disappointed and that they knew that their goal, which is to be in nationals, will be another dismay.  Then Martin said that he heard, one of the best player in Spain is currently schooling in the Philippines, particularly in Manila. 

"To be honest, I didn't have an idea it was you cause almost all you care about is school. And they didn't state any name. After that day, you started getting blue mini papers and I had a hunch that it was Dane, the leader of their team. But of course, I didnt tell you yet, I mean what if it wasn't really him? Identity fallecy. So, when I saw you with Dane in the cafeteria, I was right. I didnt tell you these yet cause I know you would rethink your decision and reject the favor. Their team has been aiming to nationals. So plllleeeeaaaaasssee, join the team." she said. 

She begged a lot of times from History subject to Science. I got annoyed and finally said, "Fine! I will!" 

"Yeeeeey! Let's go to the clubroom now!" She said as she grabbed my arm. The clubroom was located at the second floor, second building. 

"Behold, the person who will win this team!" she said when she opened the door with a matching hand gestures. Their room has 7 tables and 5 were occupied by them. They said that this was just the office/room of the officers. The meeting room is beside this room. 

"She agreed?" Martin said with a huge smile. 

"She agreed?!" Merc echoed but with a disgust face. 

"Yep. She did. She will join your club and temporarily take James' place." Thess said and made an assuring smile. 

"Ha! Temporarily! Meaning, she will leave the team when James will be in good condition, right?" Merc said, hoping it was true. 

"Why don't you stay forever, Almira? You could be our Vice-president and when James will be better." Sean said. 

"You're willing to give up your position just for her?!" Merc protested. 

"I will be the Auditor." Sean said  

Dane, their captain, agreed with Sean. Martin still had the thumbs up. And Merc was speechless. He was about to protest again but he realized that he already lost. All he did was sat down and continued what he did before we came in.