Chapter One

My hips move slowly and seductively in time to the beat of the music that's flowing out of the speakers in the background. As I continue to sway my petite frame, delicately touching myself as I go, I look over to the man stood somewhere before me, hidden away in the far corner of the room, clouded by darkness and a multitude of hard, raw emotions take over my body.

Hate.
Confusion.
Anger.
Sadness.
Fear.

I know he's there, because he's always there. I can hear his deep, heavy rustic breathing and it sends a chill of pure dread straight down my spine. No matter what, come rain or shine, he's always here for nine o'clock. It's as if that time slot is reserved for him and him only.
The sad act probably thinks he's doing for me exactly what I'm doing for him right now, but he couldn't be any further from the truth.
Those days are long gone.

As he shifts slightly and steps further into the soft, dim glow that fills the room I can see his arousal bulge a little in his pants and I can hear the desperate screams of my sub-conscious as it mentally prays and cries out that he keeps it tucked away from me tonight. Just for one night, that's all I ask.

A dance, no problem. But extras? Nah-ah, not anymore. I'm so done with being used as a piece of meat. But in all honesty, what does it matter what I want? What choice do I have?

Today's been an absolute shitter of a day and the last thing I need right now is for him to make me feel worse.
"Off..." He snaps.
It's just one word. A word that's used pretty often around here, but my whole body feels like recoiling from him, as if it was his hand that struck me and not his voice.
All the girls feel the same. Hell, he might think we keep ourselves to ourselves when we're not here, but trust me; we talk. Regardless of any paperwork that he's made us sign.
They all feel the same, but really when all is said and done, what can we do? We're trapped here with him after he promised us the world and more, yet as far as I can see he's the only one reaping the benefits. Most people, the ones in their right mind would have left by now, but not me.
It's just not that simple.

Not too long ago, I finally thought all my dreams were about to come true. Gone were the endless nights of me waiting tables for measly tips. Instead, I found myself being propositioned by one of our seriously hot regulars to come and work at one of his fancy restaurants. According to him, it was about time a girl like me started to receive all the perks that she deserved and really, who was I to argue?

Now looking back, it was one of the biggest mistakes that I had ever made and believe me when I tell you that's saying something. Most people would tell me to leave. To get my shit together and walk, but it's not as easy as that.

How do you run away from the one person who knows your darkest secret?

One thing that I have had to learn and fast: Promises are nothing but empty words and threats can torture your soul until there's absolutely nothing left...