#3: The time apart (Scourge x Ria)

"I'm sorry Ria" Scourge said, as he let's go of my hand. "I don't think this will work anymore"

Tears are threatening to spill as I grab his jacket. "S-scourge. Please just t-tell me what I did wrong I-"

"It's not your fault, Ria. I just have something to deal with"

Those were the last words he said to me. A few years ago.

I was only 12 at the time when I last saw Scourge, when he broke up with me. Usually, I am a calm person but this has broken my heart to way to many pieces.

I've tried meditating to try and calm myself, think spiritually, but it doesn't work.

I feel like there's no way to replace what he did to my heart that day. I pulled my hair back with two blue clips, placed neatly in my hair. I slipped into my Japanese slippers.

The same thing I was wearing that very night. I looked in the mirror to see my eyes red and brimmed with tears. I wiped them away and walked.

..................

I saw the fountain that we broke up in front. In the distance I saw a patch of green. Feeling hopefully I sprinted over to the fountain, only to find Scourge, sitting there, tears spilling everywhere.

I was silent. I was trying to decided wither or not to hit him and run or to talk to him. Why do I have to be a nice person?

I tapped him on the shoulder and he nearly jumped ten feet in the air. "Um, hai"

Scourge was silent but violently wiped away his tears. "Is that you Ria?" "Oh, so you remember me" I say sarcastically, even though I didn't mean to.

Scourge looked hurt. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that. I was wrong so sorry"

He stayed silent. I decided to ask him the question that has been on my mind for years. "Why did you leave me that day?"

Scourge was silent for a while. At least it was a kinda comfortable silence. "My parents." He replied quietly. "Killed, needed revenge"

"Scourge, you know revenge is never-"

"I tried Ria! But, I just couldn't do it, okay? Not everybody is a perfect spiritual goddess. You so beautiful and smart and kind. You don't even realize the kind of affect you have on people like me"

Did Scourge just confess his feelings? He NEVER does that. He's more of a gestures kinda guy. Also a bad boy.

"Scourge. I don't know what to say to you. This is incredible. All these years I thought you stopped loving me"

"I could never stop loving you, Ria. I didn't want to break it off like that but if I had a special person in my life at the time then the people who killed my parents would, well,-" He stares into my eyes. His blue eyes meet my light green ones.

"They'd kill you"

"Scourge, you should have told me." "I know" He replied, running his hand down my shoulder to my waist.

"Look I forgive you Scourge. I hope we can start over and-" But, I was cut off by his cool lips on mine. We kissed for a bit. Enjoying the presents of each other until Scourge pulled away and said; "You sometimes talk to much"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We cuddled on blankets out in the middle of the park. The stars bright and beautiful. "Does that mean we're together again, Scourge?" I ask hopefully, praying to the spirits that he says yes.

He turns toward me and strokes my cheek. He pulls me up with him and starts to walk. I quickly follow him.

We stop in a grave yard and he points to a tombstone. "Why are we here?" "Because, you need to see this" Was his reply.

I read the lettering on the stone.

Scourge. 1999-2015 Death: Explosion

I stare at Scourge, tears threatening to spill. I jumped over to him and buried my head in his jacket. "You DIED?" I wailed into his chest. "Unfortunately, baby girl. When I killed the people who hurt my family, I also killed myself"

So, I've been talking to a spirit. No wonder he never came back. "Scourge, I thought we'd get old together". I cried. "I wish babe but it's kinda hard when your dead". He chuckles trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't helping.

Scourge was quiet as I cried and he rubbed my back for what seemed like forever. Finally, he spoke;

"I have to go, baby"

I stare at him, tears in my eyes. "You can't leave me like this Scourge! I don't know if I can go more years without you!"

Scourge kissed me, roughly, passionately, possessively. He smiled when he pulled away. " I'll always be with you. Also, I'll catch you in your dreams". He winks at me and I laugh.

I hug him once last time. "Goodbye Scourge" "Goodbye my lovely Ria".

And then he was gone.