Prologue

Two men knelt before their master in their dark underground base, with only an old light bulb that flickers on its own as light. One man wore a coat that scientists usually wear with eye glasses on his blue eyes. The latter wore a white mask with a black jacket and black jogging pants with Kanji written on its sides. “We have successfully located The Amphibian, Wrath-sama,” said the masked man.

Before them, a pair of bloody red eyes looked down at them. He spoke with an eerie tone, one that sends chills down your spine. “Where is he, then?”

The two men looked at each other for a moment, and then the scientist adjusted his eye glasses as he answered, “We have yet to abduct him, Master Wrath. You see, he had escaped our plan A, so we’ll just have to –”

Wrath’s eyes were furious. Then, a giant, beastly arm shot out from Wrath’s shadow and grabbed the scientist’s face, then slammed him to the ground. The masked man rose and aided his comrade, while the beastly arm returned to the shadows. As the masked man was shaking the scientist, the eerie voice echoed through the room. “That’ll teach you a lesson. Don’t take the thirty-six lightly.”

The scientist’s face was all bruised up, both his lens were shattered and his head was on a pool of blood. Nonetheless, he smiled at the masked man. “It’s okay, really. My head is… modified for these contingencies.”

The masked man looked at the red eyes of Wrath. “If I didn’t show mercy on you two, I would’ve smashed your mask into pieces, along with your skull,” the master said.

“Now bring me,” he continued. “That damned Amphibian!”

The masked man ran away from them, leaving the scientist in a pool of blood with the monster who had nearly killed him. His mission was clear: find the Amphibian, or he’ll die. He hurried his pace.