ONE LAST CRY

The wind blows harder as I walk towards the street. The rain continuously pouring on my face. I am freezing inside and out. As I step near the place, memories keep on flashing in my head. The memories that ruins my existence, my life and my everything. I can feel that my whole body is chilling but I don't care. Reality is all coming back to me now. I've been through hell and no one understands what I'm feeling. Ten years had passed but the pain inside my heart is still fresh. My heart is still bleeding every time I can see things connected to her. I keep on dreaming her every time I tried to fall asleep. Who could forget her angelic face, her sweet voice calling my name, her killer smile that complete my day and her tantalizing eyes that captures my heart and soul. I can still feel the way she hold my hand, the way she pinched my nose, the way she kissed my lips and the way she got angry every time I teased her. She's the sweetest girl I've known. When she was around, I felt like I was walking at the cloud. No wonder, we were called "Lovers of the Decade". Yes, she is the love of my life. She is my happiness. She is my soul mate. She is my everything.

But destiny played on me. My cloud nine feeling was ruined because of that accident. Everything was gone and my world turns upside down. I tried to move on but her memories are hunting me. Yes, she was dead and today is her 10th Death Anniversary. Everything happened ten years ago but my mind is like a refrigerator that keeps the memories fresh and makes me crazy every time I can remember the moment our eyes first met. My eyes produces ocean of tears whenever I can look back, the moment my heart beats for the very first time.

I met her during my senior year in high school. She was a transferee to our school back then. Luckily, she was my classmate and the only girl that catches my attention. I can still remember how I reacted when our teacher introduces her to us. My jaw dropped when I saw her killer smile. She was truly a drop dead gorgeous and she had an angelic face. She really was a goddess fallen from Mt. Olympus. Her chinita eyes captured my heart and soul. She was Dale Ivory Jimenez, the fantasy of every man, the dream of every woman and the real head turner. She's the only girl that made me breathless.

She was my seatmate, my inspiration and the apple of my eye. She became my best buddy and my partner in all activities. She was very sweet and patient. She always made sure that I studied all our lessons. We were always together; eating in the canteen, reading in the library and even during weekends we were always had time to bond. We were like kapit-tuko because no one can separate us. Despite of her busy schedules, she always had time to wait for me during my basketball practice. Not to mention, I was the team captain before.

I was deeply in love with her as time goes by. So, I decided to court her. I had hesitations at first but I was more than willing to accept whatever the consequences of my decision. I started sending flowers, chocolates, and even teddy bears to their house. I even wrote her a corny love letter just to show her how much I love her. I gave her a bunch of red roses every day. I don't care if everybody called me crazy but I did the most romantic move in my whole life. That happened when I asked her to be my girlfriend in front of our teachers and schoolmates. She was surprised when she entered the gymnasium and found out that the empty gym transformed into a paradise. The place was full of flowers, heart-shaped balloons and teddy bears. She really cried like a child when I started playing the guitar and sang the song of John Legend "All of Me". The whole place was showered by the petals of red roses. She was touched by my efforts and finally said "YES" to me.

We became lovers after that day. Our relationship was so perfect and we both believed that we can be together forever. We were known to be the "Lovers of the Decade" not because we are lovers but because we were very comfortable with each other and we can easily adjust and accept each other's flaws.

But life is full of surprises. No matter how perfect a relationship is, destiny has its own way of breaking our heart. Fate brought Dale to my life, but the saddest part is that time doesn't permit us to be together. It is still clear as crystal how an accident brought Dale and I apart. That was the time I was preparing a surprise dinner for our 6th monthsary. I was also planning to give her a ticket for our trip to Paris. Going to Paris was her dream since she was a kid and I want to fulfill her longtime dream. But her dream remains a dream. I can still remember how my heart rejoiced for excitement when she stepped out from the car. She even showed me her killer smile and gave a flying kiss. But the next thing I knew, she was accidentally hit by a fast moving car. Everything was in slow motion. I can't move. All I've seen was blood. Everybody was panic and I can't hear anything except the sweet voice calling my name. I ran towards her and hug her. I cried so hard but she just smiled at me "I love you Chris. Thank you for making me the happiest girl on Earth. If our love story ended here, I am sure we can continue this to heaven. I love you so much Chris".I tried to wake her up but reality hits me. She died in front of me. She died in my arms. She died on our 6th monthsary.

A continuous ring of my cellphone brings me back to the present. It's already six in the evening and the rain stops pouring. The night is very silent and all I can hear is the sounds of the insects flying around the corner. The moon slowly appears and I can clearly see my reflection lying on the grassy side of the cemetery. I fall asleep while remembering the most painful yet the happiest part of my life. This is the last time I want to cry. I wipe my tears and smile "This is my last cry Dale. It doesn't mean that I don't love you anymore but I want to move on and continue my life without you. You are right Dale; if our love story ended here on Earth we can still continue it to heaven. Thank you for loving me Dale. I know your just watching over me and you never leave at my side. You are forever in my heart. I love you Dale". I put the bunch of red roses and kiss the photograph placed above the grave. This is our last picture together. We are both smiling and hugging each other like there's no tomorrow. Tears flow from my eyes one last time upon reading the caption "DALE IVORY JIMENEZ and CHRISTIAN JAMES FLORES".

I slowly walk away from the grave leaving all my pain behind. As I step forward, my heart beats faster again. I am feeling so light tonight. I just feel I throw away the entire burden I am carrying this past ten years. I look back once again and smile. The old Chris is back. The happy Chris is here again. One chapter of my life closes but one thing is for sure, I can now start a new beginning. I am now ready to fall in love again.

A.N...

Never mind the grammar..I'm not really good in English.This story was only created to comply my little brothers project..I wrote this few years ago pah at ngayon ko lang naisipang i post..Kung di po niyo magugustuhan ay wala na akong magagawa..Ito lang ang kaya ng little brain ko eh..Wala nang time para mag edit..