Chapter 1

I won't be home for dinner today and I'll be back late so don't wait for me and have your dinner first and go to bed alright? - Myungsoo <3

Jiyeon sighed as she looked at the text message her husband just send her.

Lately, he's been very busy with his business. They used to be a loving couple, they couldn't live without each other and did everything together. One day, he's father, Mr Kim, asked him to take over his company. That's when things started to change.

He would often go on an overseas business trip, leaving his beloved wife at home. When she wanted to follow him, he will brush her off, saying that it will be a hassle and that he'll be home soon.

"You promised to be home tonight. I even cooked your favourite, Spaghetti Bolognaise." Jiyeon whispered sadly as she took a bite of the spaghetti.

A lone tear escaped from her eyes as she quickly wiped it away. Having no appetite to eat at all, Jiyeon dumped the food that she'd cooked in the bin and washed the dishes.

After cleaning the dining table, she went up to their bedroom and changed to her normal sleeping attire. She climbed onto the bed and went under the covers, reminiscing the times when her husband weren't a workaholic and only had his eyes on her.

***

Jiyeon immediately jumped up from her sleep when the sun rays shone on her face. She looked at the side and was relieved when she saw some creases on the side of the bed. Evidence that her husband did came home last night and slept on the same bed.

Jiyeon dragged her feet into the bathroom to get herself refreshed as she needs to go to work that day. Thinking about the possibilities that she might bump into her husband at their workplace, Jiyeon brushes off the stress she'll have during work and focuses on her appearance. Happy, just by thinking about the possibilities of bumping into Myungsoo later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the kind of short first chapter! please be kind to me and write me your honest opinion and thoughts on this story!