Chapter 7

As Prisma entered her room, she noticed that Canny had fallen asleep while she had been reading Prisma's book which was now lying on her face. Prisma put the chocolate bar she had bought on Canny's desk and quietly picked up the book. She turned around and looked on the clock. It was 9:00 pm.

"Hmm... it's not even that late. I bet the others are still doing stuff", Prisma mumbled to herself. She looked at Canny and wondered if she should wake her up so she could show Prisma some more of the art school – and so that Prisma could ask her about Nebula. But on the other hand, Prisma was very tired, too. It had been a long day, so she decided to brush her teeth, changed her clothes and went to bed.

The next day, Prisma was woken up by Canny talking to someone. Prisma groaned, rubbed her eyes and looked at Canny who was standing at the window. It was open, and Canny was talking very loudly, almost shouting, so the person down there could hear her. "What? ...Yes, that one! No, you can have the part from that window to that weird flower pot over there, next to the entrance", she exclaimed. "Yeah, sure! See ya at breakfast!" Canny closed the window and cleaned her throat. She noticed that Prisma was awake. "Hey, you! What are you still doing in bed? Sleeping with open eyes?", she asked and pulled the covers off Prisma's bed. Prisma looked at the clock. "It's 7:00 am", she pointed out tiredly. Canny laughed. "Ha! You don't say. Get up! You get the most stuff done when you get up early, ya know." Prisma sighed. "You're right. That might be why I never get shit done, heh", she said and smiled awkwardly. "Really? Don't you have a job that starts early or something?", Canny asked. "I drive out pizza, but that usually starts in the afternoon", Prisma explained as she got up. "I don't earn much, but it's enough for art supplies and comic books", she said and laughed. "Really? Didn't you try to find something better?", Canny asked. "No, actually not", Prisma said and remembered her past job. She had always liked about it that she had had lots of free time for her magic research and drawing, or to hang out in Citrus' bar. "I was happy that I had lots of free time for my hobbies and friends", Prisma said. "Hmm, true. But now you're here! You'll probably find a better job that suits your hobbies after this", Canny said, grabbed one of the pillows on her bed and tossed it at Prisma. "So, get up already! I'm gonna go to the canteen and wait for you there." Canny left the room.

Prisma yawned, got out of her bed and looked out of the window. Who had Canny been talking to? What had they been talking about? "See ya at breakfast!", Prisma remembered Canny say. Being curious and hungry, Prisma changed to her normal clothes and made her way to the canteen. The morning sun was shining brightly through the big windows. It appeared to be emptier than the day before when there was dinner. "Maybe some are still asleep...", Prisma mumbled to herself as she picked up a tray. Then she remembered what Canny had said about getting up early and corrected herself: "Nah, they're probably already working..."

There was a buffet with all kinds of breakfast stuff, including different types of cereals, pancakes, bacon and eggs as well as bread with peanut butter and jelly. Prisma happily noticed that they had 'Uni-Corn Flakes', her favorite cereals. The box was purple with a white and blue unicorn on it which was winking and holding a bowl of the box's content: Pink cornflakes with strawberry flavor. Prisma got a bowl of the sugary cereals herself and looked for Canny. She quickly found her because of her flashy pink hair. Surprisingly, Canny was sitting completely alone, so Prisma hurried over to change that.

"Ah, there you are!", Canny said as Prisma sat down. "I already thought you would've fallen asleep again, ya know." She winked. Prisma chuckled and cleaned her throat. "Uh, listen, I heard you talking to someone back in our room", she said, trying not to sound too curious. "Ah, that!", Canny said. "Yeah, well, I was just talking to one of my friends. Or, let's say, to a colleague. He left the canteen a couple minutes before you came here. He's a graffiti artist like me, and he's gonna spray a huge picture on this building's wall, on the right of the main entrance, ya know. And guess who's gonna spray an awesome pic on the left!" Prisma looked at Canny. "Uh... you?", she asked hesitantly and smiled. "Nooo! You and me!", Canny said and grabbed Prisma's shoulder. "It's gonna be great! My spraying skills combined with your drawing skills, ya know." She let go of Prisma, who awkwardly started eating her cereals. "Well, yes, that does sound great!", Prisma said, being excited about the project.

"So, I was thinking about including the main characters of your comic", Canny explained after the two of them had silently been eating for a short while. Prisma nearly choked on her pink cornflakes. This was a great chance for her to promote her comic! With a huge drawing of her characters sprayed on the most famous art school of the planet – maybe even of the whole galaxy – there may be a lot of people being interested in the comic. But on the other hand, Prisma suddenly wasn't sure if she was good enough yet to take part in a project like that. "Are you sure? I mean, I didn't even take part in any drawing lessons yet, and I don't know if-" "Oh come on, a couple minutes ago, you agreed on it! You're just not sure if your comic is good enough, aren't you?" Prisma didn't know what to say because she knew Canny was right. "You see, this is kinda weird because nobody I know really payed attention to it, and you seem to like it so much..." Canny got up from her chair and picked up her tray. "Your ideas are great, Prisma. You just gotta believe in them, ya know", she said and winked again. "Enough chatting for now!", she suddenly exclaimed, "Eat up your fabulous pink flakes already! We gotta start our project! The art festival is soon and it doesn't wait until the project is finished, ya know. I'll be waiting for you in our room!"

After Canny was gone, Prisma sat there and stared at her cornflakes, processing what had just happened. It seemed so unreal to her- just a few days ago, she had been the pizza-delivering 'artist' who had been obsessed with magic and spent most of her time at her best friend's bar, and now she was in a team with a great and appreciated artist who loved her comic ideas. This was a great chance for Prisma to make her dreams come true. She decided to do her best not to mess things up. She decided to believe in herself.

"Your ideas are great, Prisma. You just gotta believe in them, ya know."