Don't Let Me Go

The wind brushed past me as I sat in the back seat of the taxi. I moved my hand outside of the open window feeling the cool breeze on my skin. I felt relaxed. I moved my hand then my fingers then my whole arm. Moving freely.

Truth is, I'm not very free. In fact I'm broken. My father passed away when I was ten. I'm sixteen now. I always feel like I'm trapped. Like no matter what I do it's like I'm not doing it. It feels like someone is doing it for me. Forcing me to do it.

It was dark out. I was just out for a walk then got tired and called a taxi to take me home to my mother. We lived in a small house in the city. It was pretty old. But it was home. I had lived there my whole life.

As the car moved I noticed all these couples walking around. Holding hands. Acting so in love. You're welcome.

I have a secret. So everyone knows Cupid right? Well Cupid was my father. He still would be Cupid if he hasn't passed away. So what happens is Cupid's child, male or female firstborn, becomes Cupid when they turn eighteen. Well, since my father died, I was appointed. I spend most of my time walking around getting people to fall in love.

I don't have any friends. Scratch that. I have one friend. Liam. He is my best friend. We hang out a lot, but most evenings, I walk around town.

I always make these people I don't know have love but then here I am. Alone. I've never really been very social. I've always been shy. At school I was the one sitting with that one friend outside during lunch. Just sitting there oblivious to everyone else but Liam. We were both wallflowers I guess.

My mother is the best. I love her. She's always there for me. When I make mistakes, she helps me. She talks to me about everything and I can tell her anything. She's the only person who understands me. Other than Liam. I have a little brother. He's only 6. My dad died when he was just a couple months old. My house is usually pretty quiet.

The car came to a halt in from of my house, stopping the cool breeze along with my moving arm. I slowly got out and paid the driver. "Thanks," I said handing him money. He didn't say anything other than making a huff sound. He seemed alone in life too.

I walked up the path to the door and let myself in. It was 10:00 pm now. My brother an mom were probably in bed. I went upstairs to my room and sat on my bed. I just sat. Thinking.

One problem with this 'job' is that I always get so focused on getting others to fall in love that I never found time for myself. I always wanted someone to love me. I didn't want to just use my ability to make someone fall in love with me. I wanted it to come naturally. Sometimes, I thought about using my ability but then always refused.

I sighed and got up from my seat and changed out of my flowy white top and ripped light wash denim capris and changed into a light almost white nightgown. One of my 'Cupid' features is that I always have a desire to wear light color clothing that was flowy and light material. Weird I know but it's enjoyable. My dad was the same way...

I slowly crept to the bathroom to wash my face from the makeup I was wearing. I had naturally long eyelashes that made my green eyes look fairly large. I quickly combed out my blonde hair and threw it into a bun. I tip toed back to my room and crawled under the covers to let sleep take over.

I looked around me. My pictures of me and my dad. Some pictures of me my dad and my mom. Most pictures involved my dad somehow. I smiled sadly looking at the picture of my dad on my nightstand and fell into a deep sleep.

++++++

I woke up early as usual and started to get ready for school. Honestly I hate going to school. I mainly hate it because while everyone else has someone to talk to, to listen to, to love. And then here's me. I only go to school because I need an education.

I slipped on a peach short sleeve dress and white sneakers. I straightened my hair and let my long locks fall behind me. I didn't feel like makeup today so I didn't put any on. Not that anyone would notice anyways.

I walked into the kitchen to see my mom quietly eating cereal with the radio softly humming. My little brother Brady sat quietly in his seat eating while bouncing a little.

"He bud," I ruffled Brady's hair and he laughed. His laugh mad my mouth curl into a big smile. He was pretty adorable. He could always make you smile no matter how you felt. He was the little bubble of joy in my life.

"Hi mom," I said as I set a bowl on the counter to pour cereal.

"Morning Claire," my mom greeted happily getting up to put her empty bowl in the sink. She turned to give me a hug to which, I returned.

I felt little arms wrap around me and looked down to see Brady hugging my waist tightly. I smiled looking down at him and ruffled his dirty blonde hair. He giggled and pulled away to finish his cereal.

We finished our breakfast in a comfortable silence. Not long after I was off to my bus stop.

My bus is probably the worst bus ever. The first problem was probably that the kids don't behave. I'm not talking about just talking really loudly but these kids stand up on the bus, they run,shout, and the odd time, someone does drugs. The driver, person in charge, doesn't care. At all. One of us could be jumping out the window while we were on the highway and he wouldn't care.

I sighed as I watched the large yellow bus approach. I slowly walked on and took my seat near the middle of the bus. The bus was unusually quiet though. I shrugged it off and plugged my earphone into my ears and let the music block out the world. On my way to the prison camp they call high school.

____________

A/N

Hi! So this is my second story here on wattpad. This story is kind of inspired my the music video for Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. If you haven't seen it go now! Watch it!

I would also like to make it clear that other than the inspiration from the video ALL IDEAS ARE MY OWN! If there are any other stories like this one I did NOT take their ideas.

Anyways have a lovely day!

Remember to vote,comment, and follow please :)

Love you all!

-Jeanie