Chapter 1- these thin walls

"Sometimes a person's strength is defined by the level of rules they break" ~ unknown. Sometimes I'm unsure that this even applies to today's population, I mean rules are broken by even the weakest of people, but maybe it's the weakest of people that are the strongest, but society defines them as weak. I stare at the notebook in front of me.
"Ms. Brenner? When did the Russian revolution start?" A distant voice says.
I look around the room I'm in, full of unknown faces.....or at least unclear. I look to the front of the room to see a man looking at me, eyebrows raised.
"W-what?" I ask squinting at the man as the over head light blinds me from above. The man who I just realise is my history teacher opens his mouth to speak when he is interrupted by a squeaky and totally annoying voice.
"1987!!!" A voice squeaks from behind me. I look over my shoulder to see a pink dressed blonde Barbie doll, wave her hand in the air frantically.
"I'm sorry Teresa but your wrong.....again" Mr. Howard says shaking his head. The bell rings loudly so it can signal those who are asleep to wake up, including myself. School is finally over for the summer break and I'm heading straight to a concert. I haul my back onto my back and fix my dress. Stepping outside the classroom my two best friends, Chloe and Kassie, run up to me, huge grins spread across their faces.
"Finally the moment has come, let's hit this Halsey concert!!!!" Chloe says dragging me out of the door of the school. We throw our bags into the back of her mini and head off, on the road to California we go.
Driving to California from Florida is quite some drive, so it means we have to stay in a B&B over night. We all decided to take separate rooms due to the uneven amount of us. We pull up to a large building named 'Trucker Joe's Highway Motel". We take the bags that were put into the car from this morning and head into the motel, I take my laptop in with me due to the fact that I love my music. I empty my bag and set up my essentials for tomorrow. I then sit at the wall of the Motel room. Observing the old dusty floor and paint peeling off the walls. I hear a noise from the other side of the wall I am sitting at right now. "Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes, but it's the only thing that I know" I hear a male voice sing, he is playing guitar. Since I know what the song is immediately I sing along to the next part of the verse. "When it gets hard, you it can get hard sometimes, but it the only thing that makes us feel alive." I smile as he sings the pre-chorus. I join in on the chorus, "so you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, holding me closer till our eyes meet, you won't ever be alone. Wait for me to come home".
The next few words that came out of his mouth changed my life forever, "hey stranger, I'm Logan and you are?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola my llambinos (cross between a llama and a bambino....duh) how are y'all. This chapter might be short but I'm only getting started *rubs hands together and laughs evilly* but expect more updates. And also I'm quite new to this wattpad thing so idk how to use it.
QOTD: who is your favourite band?
Personally mine is definitely 5sos or Green day, what's yours. Comment below and don't forget to vote and follow. I will start weekly shoutouts depending on my followers so follow me plz. Also if you make banners or covers pm me because there are only so many pic collage covers you can make :) goodnight or good day my fellow llambinos!
Xxxx Rachel