Prologue : Step to Darkness

The grim night took over, conquering every land the darkness could see. Speaking of the night, it was too quiet as someone might pounce at you like a tiger at this very moment. Villagers are uncertain of whether to walk at night armed with their weapons to hunt for food or just stay at their warm houses. They believed that danger frequently happens at the time of the color black. So they stayed at their homes at night and hunt for food at sunrise as they won't want to end their life that quickly. But some are courageous to do such risky tasks, like this night. 

A dark figure roamed through the forest going to its next destination, perhaps this would be a woman. Believing it to be a trap to walk to the forest was probably nothing to this girl. Each steps this hooded wanderer made were very light and calm as if she wasn't very terrified of the cold weather and possible danger. That was rather strange, the chin and her straight mouth can only be shown through that dusky nothingness of the hood. Still her feet moving one by one seemed to have not shaken, not being frightened by the night at all. 

The cold weather began to get more chillier, as expected of Argira. Argira was one of the seven continents of the world. In total the magical continents are only 4 and the non-magical would be 3 but they still have their own way of power. Argira was populated with many sorceresses because of the cold weather. Not only that but this was where the first sorceress was born. It was believed that she defeated the almighty dragon Nefarus here. In the process of dying together with the dragon, the sorceress left her precious spells all over Argira. All sorceresses envied of her power and searched for it endlessly as they would stop at nothing to get more power. That is what sorceresses want, power is what they crave more than anything in this world.

Maybe this is why this woman was here, but was she a sorceress to begin with? The emotionless face that was stuck on her head was there the whole time. It was hard figuring out what kind she would be. All of a sudden a knife appeared from the sky descending downwards the hooded woman. Luckily she knew it was coming and teleported to a near distance. Teleportation is the spell to move from one place to another, this is also proven useful in fights like this. But this wasn't from one place to another because she just moved from a distance. Could she be a sorceress? That would explain her going invisible and being visible again from another direction. She ambled closer to the knife that was about to kill her, maintaining her composure and examined it carefully. There was a symbol on the handle, some kind of organizational sign.

"Hmmph. Another kill attempt I suppose." She said quietly as another knife was about to go down. This time she didn't use her teleportation, instead she protected herself from it by making only a small barrier in front of her presence. The barrier was very interesting to see its green dimensional transparent shapes, the shape was comparable with a diamond. It was very sturdy for a barrier, the knife broke to pieces from it like a weapon losing its durability. After turning the barrier down she took off her hood then next her cloak.

"Show yourself coward." A very painful insult came out of the mouth if your very fragile with harsh words. She can't see her enemies and send them a cold glare much like the night but she can feel their presence. A strong presence indeed because they're close as she expected. Her clothing was a black gothic outfit with thigh high socks and high heels. She was really beautiful having long hair reaching her waist, maybe all men will drool at her seductive smile and those crystal blue eyes. But there was one problem about her...... Her bust.....

3 men who are also hooded with chestnut colored cloaks appeared before her gaze. They were old in appearance but can really jump down from a high tree. This is Argira, a place for magic. The three used magic to jump down without any pain coming from their calf, if they did so without the help of magic it would be injured right now or worse.

"You are Freya Von Schester, the sorceress who calls forth her familiars and one of the Schester bloodline am I right?" The voice of the man in front was very gruff and deep as those eyes keep glaring at her, she would do the same but made a serene smile instead.