Chapter 1 : Saved me? (Part 2)

Magic....... an ability for a human to possess elements, rituals, symbols, defenses, and even seals and familiars. The power that this ability upholds depends on the knowledge and imagination of the user. The top of all sorceresses was a woman who vanquished a scaly creature. She was the most highest among nobility. A nickname was later given to this sorceress. "Deborah The Destroyer". She goes by many nicknames, that everyone lost count. Her unbelievable supply of magic within her shocked all of the magic users all over the 7 continents, even the non-magical. Even if she was ranked highest than nobles, she displayed affection and equal compassion to every human she met. Never did she treat them like poor commoners who were born in a village. Some sorceresses and sorcerers hated this side of her. What good would it be to introduce yourself to someone who isn't even worth your time? Maybe this was what all of her kind told her. But she refused that opinion. "Treat others fairly and they will treat you the same, whether it is strength or weakness."

Freya adored and admired Deborah ever since she was 8 years old. She was the woman who inspired her into becoming one of the best sorceresses. Not only for power but for helping those who are in need. Freya's goal was to obtain it and simply use it for goodness. It was a pretty simple wish for heroes. Now she feels like kicking ass.

"Ahhh... Finally the paralysis is gone." Freya got up on her legs stretching every bone in her body, followed by a scratch on the back of her head. Her hips hurt the most because it was right near her abdomen. The pain was like a bite that will soon be healed. Yes it hurt but not that much, only the paralyzing feeling she had did not make her move, it didn't mean anything like experiencing great pain. "Phew, I have to admit. You guys did a great job in hitting me, why don't we tie the score?"

A mixture of black and red aura surrounded her body, due to the terrifying and fearsome aura. Her hair now was floating upwards, and to top it off. Those cold eyes staring intently at the 2 men who seemed to be standing by on the branches added more of ferocity. Fists clenched, teeth gritted, and sweat formed. She was somewhat similar to Finn, also getting distracted and eventually almost lead to death.

Distraction is also a part of weakness and battle strategy. This is used in wars and legendary battles. An example would be the battle between the Great Dragon Mage and the Travelling Sorcerer. The battle was memorable and vicious. The key to victory in this legend was distraction and it was a part of strategy and a weakness of the enemy.

"Jaki, do you know what that is?"

"Familiar Magic."

Joel gulped as he heard the quiet whisper of Jaki's feared tone. Finn was almost on the last step of death because of extreme coldness. His entire body is also being squashed by the big ice hand that took a part of Joel's arm.

Strange circle symbols appeared out of nowhere and appeared on the trunks of the trees as they are enclosed inside a forest. Circles continuously spun making a bright glow. There were like dozens of them, on the grass and trees.

Every shape illuminated until it turned back to normal. But the circles were still in place.

"Looks like the familiar is ready." A snarl made by Joel.

"Eh?!" Jaki stood up from the branch of the three and watched as the circles still kept on rotating clockwise.

"Oh you the creature who breathes air and water. Aid me in this fight and wash this fool away. Completely clean his wrongdoings, teach this magic user a lesson. A single request I need for you this night. Come out of your ocean you call a kingdom and annihilate the enemy! Kadriaia!"

Now the forest that remained silent and full of sword attacks began into a massive noise, more like a roar. A body of a worm yet has the head of a dragon, sharp eyes having red pupils, razor-sharped teeth, and a dark blue body came out of the circle with unreadable text. It went from circle to circle like going inside a portal until it came to a halt and listened to Freya's command.

"What do you want for me this time, sorceress?" The voice of the creature echoed throughout the forest. Kind of makes you wonder if someone heard a scary deep voice here. Its body was swaying left and right like a snake preparing to gnaw like a dragon.

"Oh just the usual, please get rid of these people and can you free that boy from harm?"

"Remember Freya, I can only come out once. This was not necessary for me to be summoned. You could've just used your fire to kill these men and melt that frozen arm."

"I only had a spare of magic left inside of me. So I thought of using you as a last resort. Throwing fire at them won't simply put them down."

"I told you to train more in aiming right."

"About that, resting would be good for the body. I heard there was a nearby village here. So why not take a quick break from all the training?"

"It's your choice Freya, Let me just do my duty quickly and I'll go back."

"Now don't be like that ufufu~"

A roar was then heard, which made their body tremble before the amazing Kadriaia. Their mouths wide open tell that they're fear was to the max. The ice arm let go of the boy, falling down from the longest tree. He was suffering and his clothing was entirely wet. Luckily, Kadriaia managed to catch him, letting Finn rest on his gizzard.

"We need to tell this to the boss quick!"

"Damn! We failed, Joji come get your sorry ass here right now!"

Joji woke up only to see a scary monster in front of him, at least that's what he only thought. His sweat was dripping non-stop and felt like his bottom began getting heavier every second. But swiftly ran away using magic, leaping from tree to tree with his brothers. At last, they were gone and retreated.

"Hey they're getting away!"

"It's better to leave them, who knows, maybe you'll get stabbed like that again."

Freya was on her mind for a while and shook it off, saying it was a nuisance. Remembering how she was hit in her abdomen made her feel weak.

"Tch fine, but they'll report back to their boss. Isn't that kind of a worry? They will surely come back for my power."

"And that's why we train." A comeback was said by Kadriaia.

Freya remained silent and sauntered towards the boy. His hair was also wet from the ice and his sword stayed put on the ground. She knew she had to do something. Because of this boy, her goal is still intact and plus, if he didn't show up. Then she would have been really kidnapped and got her power taken away from her. Gratitude was all over her face and made a kind smile to assure it.

"Kadriaia, thank you for your service."

"Call back tomorrow when its urgent." The red circles vanished with the creature who controls the ocean and every circle splashed like water. It was only the two of them left. What now?

"You're coming with me."