Smile

Envy leaned against the doorframe, watching you with raised eyebrows.

"You know, you could just order a cake," he said.

"It tastes better homemade," you replied absent-mindedly as you focused on measuring the exact amount of flour needed for the recipe.

Envy continued to stare at you as you poured a little more flour into the cup. Although he didn't understand why you put so much effort into baking the cake yourself, he had to admit that your determination was one of the things he loved best about you. Besides, you looked darn cute in that apron. Even though he had seen you every single day during the five months since your wedding, you still managed to take his breath away. And he knew you always would.

You growled in frustration as you accidentally put in a bit too much flour, and Envy chuckled from his spot in the doorway.

Annoyed, you looked up at him. "What? You think you can do better?" you asked.

A mischievous grin spread across his face. He pushed off the doorframe and walked over to where you were standing, still holding the measuring cup in your hand. "Of course," he said playfully. Then he reached down, plucked out a pinch of flour, and flicked it onto your face.

He laughed at your shocked expression...until you decided to dump the entire cup of flour onto his head.

A fierce battle ensued, leaving you, Envy, and the kitchen completely covered in a light dusting of flour. When there was finally nothing left to throw, the two of you stopped and stared evenly at each other. Then, in unison, you burst out laughing.

"You...you should see your face!" Envy cackled, gasping for breath.

"Me? What about you?" You grabbed a spoon and held it up so he could see his reflection. Envy frowned and made a move to wipe the flour off of his face, but you grabbed his wrist to stop him. "No, wait! We have to take a picture!"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

"Because," you began, pulling the camera off of a shelf and moving to stand next to him, "we'll never be here, in this exact moment, ever again. Fifty years from now, I want to be able to look back and remember the day we both got covered in flour." You leaned your head in close to his and held up the camera. "Now, smile."

Envy smiled, looking down at the photo from that day. It was the second in a large album that you had put together for him, (the first being your wedding picture). He hadn't understood, then, how precious this memory would be. Now, so many years later, he was glad for your foresight. He looked at the photo a moment longer before turning the page.

The next photo featured the two of you on Main Street of the Magic Kingdom at Disney World, each sporting a pair of Mickey ears to celebrate your one-year anniversary. He shook his head, remembering how you ate so much food on that day that he thought he was going to have to carry you back to the hotel.

"It's just a pretzel," Envy mumbled. "You can get them anywhere."

"But here they're shaped like Mickey Mouse!" you exclaimed, pulling him towards a food stand.

Envy sighed and let you drag him along. You had insisted on eating every Mickey-shaped food the park had to offer, which, apparently, was a lot. Already, you had consumed two waffles, a corn dog, an ice cream bar, and a candy apple. Additionally, you added on all the "classic" Disney foods, like Dole Whip, a turkey leg, and a rather daunting dessert called "The Kitchen Sink". Envy wondered how a human could stomach so much sweetness and live to tell the tale.