Epilogue

• Dedicated to My Family who have encouraged me to continue writing (mainly my mother). Thanks!

  "Can you tell me what happened?" A tall guy in a brown overcoat stood over my hospital bed waiting to write down what I said on a notepad. I tried to sit up to address him, but my mother held my arm down.

  "...No. I don't remember," I lied. I hoped Heather and Sam had said the same thing. 

  "Anything? Not one thing?" the man asked. A police officer behind him eyed me. I wanted to tell him, truly. But if I did, I'd be sent to an asylum or something. The true story is just too unbelievable- even to me.

  I shook my head. "Sorry..." My mother took my hand in hers and I couldn't help but to think of Ms. Young and Rachel.

  "Well, if you do remember anything, contact me, alright?" He handed his card to my mother. The two men spun to leave but I had a question I needed answered. 

  "What happened to Ms. Young?" 

  The man turned, looked down at his notepad, then back at me. "She's um... we found her body. She hung herself."

  My eyes widened. I wasn't surprised, more shocked than anything. I guess she couldn't live without Rachel. The man apologized for all my losses then turned to leave. As they we're leaving, the police officer whispered to the detective, but loud enough for me to hear. 

  "All of the kids are saying they don't remember. What should-" his voice drowned out as they left.

  I almost smiled, but my mother was watching me. I guess they understood that people would label us crazy. Our alliance worked out after all. 

********MONTHS LATER********

    I watched the trees as we drove by them. Flowers coated the ground and birds and bees flew around them. Things seemed to keep on living on the outside world. As for me, I felt dead. I think I always will. I still try not to think about what happened, but re-occurring nightmares always stop me. 

  After Rachel disappeared, a bell rung throughout the school. Then we all blacked out. I guess the bell signified our returning to the real world because, apparently, cops burst through the doors to find us laying on the floor unconscious. Now here I am, alive as I ever will be. 

  An article had came out weeks after the incident. They had proved it was a mass murder and nothing else. The only true thing is that the article said we were forced to play cruel games to the death. I told the detective I did remember that.

  "We're here," My father said. My little sister sat beside me, playing on her IPod. My mother looked at me and smiled. I remembered their tears when they ran into my hospital room.

  Sam and Heather thought it best to tag along with me. They got out, as did I. We stood in front of Lucia's door, determined to keep her dying wish. I think maybe it'd be right if I did the same for everyone else who died.

  "You ready?" Sam asked. Heather took my hand and I smiled, tears welling in my eyes.

  Our memories will never be erased, I thought, but at least we could put them to ease.

  "Yeah," I said. Then I knocked on the door.

*******Thanks for reading! What should I write next?*******